Christmas set up

Name
Kellyanne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello

I've been asked to do a photography charity event, with my hilite set up, but been told they want it Christmassy, any one got any ideas on set ups? Past experiences?

Any ideas on Christmas set ups? Maybe post some pictures so I can get some ideas!

I'm one of those that gets ideas but find it hard to get it out of my head :)

Any help would be grateful, the event is next month but would like to plan ahead. I've only just started to do photography as a job over the last month, and only have 2 days a week to focus on it due to another job.

Thanks in advance x

Ok,

so is this a large or mid size event?

apart fromthe set up.....

1: Are you printing onsite?
2: Printing orders from online? (This will get less orders compared to printing onsite at venue).
3: Is someone helping you while you shoot to sell and view images?
4: Have thought out commissions to charity or giving all proceeds to them?

you will need to find props tree? wrapped boxes? couple of hired dwarfs??? a drunk old man to be Santa? mock fireplace? etc etc Sleigh 8 Riendeer? List can go on and on..... do you have a small dog to play the Baby Jesus in the crib? Stable would be a good one.... few sheep and tea towels for the guests head dress.... Old hay bale strewn across the floor.... I'm getting into this!

There is a lot to to look at and i've only skimmed the surface.... wait till an event tog
gets on here.......

Not sure you have really thought it through..... It looks and is simple to do.... but it's about logistics and being organised.
when shooting you must be very very consistant as not have any or little post work at all.

Last edited:
Ok, so is this a large or mid size event? apart fromthe set up..... 1: Are you printing onsite? 2: Printing orders from online? (This will get less orders compared to printing onsite at venue). 3: Is someone helping you while you shoot to sell and view images? 4: Have thought out commissions to charity or giving all proceeds to them? you will need to find props tree? wrapped boxes? couple of hired dwarfs??? a drunk old man to be Santa? mock fireplace? etc etc Sleigh 8 Riendeer? List can go on and on..... do you have a small dog to play the Baby Jesus in the crib? Stable would be a good one.... few sheep and tea towels for the guests head dress.... Old hay bale strewn across the floor.... I'm getting into this! There is a lot to to look at and i've only skimmed the surface.... wait till an event tog gets on here....... Not sure you have really thought it through..... It looks and is simple to do.... but it's about logistics and being organised. when shooting you must be very very consistant as not have any or little post work at all.

It started as a small event that seems to be getting bigger each day.

There will be no printing on the day, they will receive cd of images after the event.

Regards to what's being given to the charity has been sorted.

I want a simple but fun set up, nothing that's over crowded. I've seen a couple of set ups but was looking hoping to get some ideas that maybe someone else has done in the past. Maybe to post a pic.

Thanks x

what are you photographing anyway? animals? people? Ok, how about Fake snow (snow machine) Santa hats, crappy jumpers and sexy santa helpers.

Hi it will be children and maybe there parents.

Outfits are down to the family, I need something for a background some ideas

I've got one of a dressed up tree and boxes wrapped up, having a shallow depth of field so the person is focused.
Just thinking of some over ideas incase it doesn't work :)

Back