Critique Christmas shots

Edit My Images
Yes
Below are a few of the photos I’ve processed from Christmas. Let me know if you want to see the colour versions. I wanted candid photos so oftentimes didn’t want to move the subjects. Hence the sometimes distracting things in the background. I had to use bounced flash as there wasn't enough light, despite the large window!

25497645218_e8a61c7bc3_z.jpg

25497645158_590259a229_z.jpg

27589838429_63b63a788b_z.jpg

Last edited:
Good set, the last one is great IMHO, sharp, great eye contact, lovely tones and the subject is well separated from the background, what's not to like (y)

Love the expression in the first! Would love to have seen the whole of the lovely smile in the second but appreciate that sometimes happens in candids Great captures though.

Thanks Chris. Not as sharp as I wanted on that first one unfortunately. Agree re the second. Was a spur of the moment so had to capture it quickly before she got up. And there was nowhere for me to move further right!

Hi. Nice post. I like to see photos taken on the hoof in normal homes as this is how most people use a camera and imo it's the hardest thing to do.
Love the smile in 2. I prefer colour photos tbh that said Christmas lights plus room lights and if you use it, flash. Make wb issues really difficult (for me anyway).
Mine have some real yellow tones from Christmas day but I still liked them as I at least got some memories.

Gaz

Last edited:
Thanks Gaz. There weren’t that many Christmas lights thankfully, and the lights were off till later. Overall the WB was ok.

Back