Chromecast to amazon tv box?

Name
Edit My Images
No
Ive a chromecast stick and amazon fire tv box plugged in to my telly and have an option on the cast tab in my browser to cast to the fire tv. However nothing happens when i select it. I want to put the chromecast on the tv in the bedroom and use the fire tv in the living room so would be handy to know how , if possible, you can do it.

Ive tried loading up youtube on the fire tv thinking that has to be running before selecting the cast option but that doesn't work. Anyone got it receiving casts successfully?

I thought both are receivers, you need something to broadcast. Like my laptop has WiDi built in and I can just send it to my Amazon TV, or Chromecast that we have in meeting rooms. Likewise from my Samsung Galaxy S7.

I am not aware you can use receivers as senders.

Hope that makes sense.

well my PC is doing all the sending through wireless i guess as it would normally send to the chromecast dongle. It was just odd to see the Amazon box appear in the list of devices available to cast to. I guess the guts of the amazon box is just some generic android receiver anyway so was hoping there would be a way to do it without forking out for another chomecast.

well my PC is doing all the sending through wireless i guess as it would normally send to the chromecast dongle. It was just odd to see the Amazon box appear in the list of devices available to cast to. I guess the guts of the amazon box is just some generic android receiver anyway so was hoping there would be a way to do it without forking out for another chomecast.
Sorry I mis-understood how you tried to run it....

One thing to remember that a chrome cast from the browser isn't true WiDi, it's a fudge and good specific. A quick check will show that you would need to side load an application on the fire tv in order to receive such signal. A proper WiDi broadcaster can do it from any application on the OS and wouldn't have any issue connecting to the firetv....

Back