Church in the mist

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
A picture from todays trip to the Trossachs. I wanted misty conditions, but got just a bit too much. This is St Johns church (I think) beside Loch Achray. It was a case of here one minute and gone the next...

original.jpg

It's a great shot Bob, I like the atmospherics a lot.

Thanks Mark.

It's beautiful, how still was the water !!!

Very still, and it lasted for another couple of hours after the mist had finally lifted

This is really quite lovely. The reflections are beautiful.

Thanks.

That's really beautiful - I love how the mist forms a natural vignette for the image. Then you have those colours and reflections which are another plus! (y)

Thanks.

Classy shot there Strax! Framed superbly.

Thanks Neil.

That's really good. Captures the feel of that place.

Really like that. Did you think about boosting the contrast a touch?

That's really good. Captures the feel of that place.

Thanks.

Really like that. Did you think about boosting the contrast a touch?

I did slightly boost the church, but I didn't want to go too far with the overall image. I wanted to retain the soft look that the mist has given to the trees.

Love it - I'd agree with Ted's boost comment initially but understand your reasoning! (y)

Somehow Sherlock Holmes popped into my head when I saw this shot :)

Believe me when I say that doesn't often happen :D!

Very nice!

Absolutely beautiful shot. Love it.

By the way there seems to be a problem on your new web site. When you open a picture part of it is off the bottom of the screen and I cant seem to adjust it. Thought you should know.

Love it - I'd agree with Ted's boost comment initially but understand your reasoning! (y)

Somehow Sherlock Holmes popped into my head when I saw this shot :)

Believe me when I say that doesn't often happen :D!

Very nice!

Elementary my good man;)(y)

Lovely colours and reflections, the mist makes for a very atmospheric shot.

Thanks!

Absolutely beautiful shot. Love it.

By the way there seems to be a problem on your new web site. When you open a picture part of it is off the bottom of the screen and I cant seem to adjust it. Thought you should know.

Thanks for letting me know, you are the second person to tell me this. I cant seem to replicate it though. I have tried ie8 both 32&64bit and firefox 3 without a hitch. Is this the blog or the main website you are talking about?

Sheer perfection! Been a wee while since I last saw that kirk.

Thanks for letting me know, you are the second person to tell me this. I cant seem to replicate it though. I have tried ie8 both 32&64bit and firefox 3 without a hitch. Is this the blog or the main website you are talking about?

It is the main website using IE8. No problem in Firefox.

Its a lovely shot although for me the mist bottom right distracts your eye.

Plenty of scope off one shot if you wish to rework .

Fantastic shot there! I am obliged to agree with an above poster when he says about the reflections, they are spectacular.

Mitch.

I like that, good shot there :clap:

Sheer perfection! Been a wee while since I last saw that kirk.

Thanks

It is the main website using IE8. No problem in Firefox.

Then it'll be a ie8 specific bit of css needed somewhere....:thinking:

Its a lovely shot although for me the mist bottom right distracts your eye.

Plenty of scope off one shot if you wish to rework .

Interesting point. It might look better without it, I'll have a play with the image.

Fantastic shot there! I am obliged to agree with an above poster when he says about the reflections, they are spectacular.

Thanks Mitch, It was a nice still morning.

I like that, good shot there :clap:

Thanks.

Lovely image, strax, and I've just had a quick look through your landscape gallery on your website and some of them are absolutely stunning.

Lovely image, strax, and I've just had a quick look through your landscape gallery on your website and some of them are absolutely stunning.

Thanks for the comments on the pic and website.:)

very nice mate, i would boost the contrast just round the church a touch myself but i see where your coming from

Back