Cinestill Cs6

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone have experience with cinestill E6 chemistry.
I'm a bit confused as it appears there are three types of developer depending on the outcome you desire.
I like the idea that it works like the Tetenal simplified kit but am unsure what to buy to get standard daylight results.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
The instructions are quite good, I've not used it but from what I've read here, you can buy the one kit, its one developer with different concentrations/times depending on desired effect

You would use a 1:2 dilution and dev for 11 minutes ish for the neutral tone (daylight) slides

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
They sell a separate developer Called daylight Chrome.
I assumed that was purchased for non creative processing.

Bloody el yeah, so it seems cs6 comes with the d9 only and if you dont like the neutral results of that you'll have to get the d6 dev as well. Seems the D9 is a new product-ish they are pushing and d6 been around for a while.

I'd get the kit, see if you like the neutral results with D9 and then try the D6

I'll keep an eye on this. I have some E100 that I need to shoot as well as a roll of Velvia 100 in 35mm that I have finished and need to develop, however labs that do E6 these days in a quick turnaround are few and far between. I have never developed E6 before but have an unused (by me) CPE-2 that I could do with calibrating as well as drums for 35mm-4x5.

Back