Circa late 60's Chevrolet Camaro SS 398

Personally, I'm afraid I don't go much on them. Firstly, they're skewiff (some people like that, I don't!) and they're so far overcooked that I'd send them back in a reastaurant. However, the basic shot behind the bits I don't like looks pretty good - any chance of seeing the unprocessed version?

I think it's a '68. Out of the 2 I prefer the colour one, although the processing is too much for me too. Usually I hate photos at an angle like this, but it does kind of work. I think I'd prefer a straight one though.

Personally, I'm afraid I don't go much on them. Firstly, they're skewiff (some people like that, I don't!) and they're so far overcooked that I'd send them back in a reastaurant. However, the basic shot behind the bits I don't like looks pretty good - any chance of seeing the unprocessed version?

I think it's a '68. Out of the 2 I prefer the colour one, although the processing is too much for me too. Usually I hate photos at an angle like this, but it does kind of work. I think I'd prefer a straight one though.

Thanks for the feeback. The PP was deliberate, but I can definitely see what you mean! Are these better? Just a few tweaks on these, highlights are probably slightly blown on the 1st. Does the square shot work better?

D7K_5573 by Dan Mears..., on Flickr

D7K_5570 by Dan Mears..., on Flickr

Last edited:
For my tastes, that last one is much better. The first one you posted looks like a screenshot from GranTourismo or similar rather than a photograph.

I think it's a '68.

Nope. No side markers... SS with 396 and no side markers, makes this almost certainly a 67.

There wasn't a 398.

It's much better without all that HDR stuff going on. Also.. when you straighten it out, it also becomes more apparent that the location is perhaps a little boring too. The angled shot makes it look more dynamic, but it's obviously just masking the fact that it's an awesome car in a fairly mundane environment.

Last edited:
Back