Name
John
Edit My Images
No
This came with camera
Jessops 58mm screw on circular polariser
Don't seem to fit, is there an adapter?

What lens filter thread do you have?

If the filter thread on the lens is less than the filter you can get step up rings to fit larger filters.

My lens is a 58mm Canon zoom, came with camera but there is no thread for the polariser to screw on to

pretty sure canon haven't made a 58mm lens since the canon R and FL mount lenses back in 1962 or thereabouts...

could you get a photo of the lens - just a cameraphone snap of it, so we can actually see what you're talking about...

normal "kit lens" that came with the 400D that you mentioned in another thread is the ef/s 18-55mm

this one:

Screenshot 2020-11-17 172028.jpg

which emphatically DOES have a thread on the front to screw your polarising filter onto (i've got one in one of my camera bags in the spare room as it was the bog standard kit lens as fitted to the EOS450d that was my "digital" starter SLR...

The threads on the lens should be round the inside of the ring at the front of the lens. The threads on the filter should be visible and quite obvious. Which threads seem to be missing? Can you post some photos of the offending items?

Back