Circular Polarizers - Which one to buy?

Name
Andy Gilbert
Edit My Images
Yes
So, as i'm slowly getting more time to get back out and shoot some landscape stuff, I am finding I never use my old cokin filter system but instead do exposure blending, I feel this works well for me and gets me good results.

However, the polarizer I had was also the cokin one which fitted in the adapter, so I am now looking out for a new 77mm screw on one and it seems to be a minefield.

Is it the usuals case of the more I spend the better ill get, or are there any particular "well-know" good ones that are well used and tested?

Not sure on budget, its not that I don't have one but based on the varying prices i've seen its hard to set one, however initially I thought around the £100 would be nice.

Thanks
Andy

The two best ones are Hoya HD and Marumi Exus. They're both very high optical quality, multi-coated with an easy-clean outer coating, and they're both of the lighter toned variety that reduces overall exposure by only 1.2 stops, instead of 1.7-1.9-ish.

Some people use a polariser as a kind of mild ND filter in which case the darker varieties are better. Otherwise features as above - Hoya Revo, Marumi DHG Super, or B+W MRC.

I have a Hoya HD CPL for sale in the classifieds if you are looking for one.

Back