Citroen C4

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken whilst on a shoot to produce some flyers yesterday, this here C4 is approx 4" off the ground making speedbumps a challenge!

Let me know what you think.

Lighting was done with 1 580EX, 1 580EX2 & 1 430EX2 using my new RF602 triggers (which worked flawlessly)

SL_CruiseHerts-2263_web.jpg

SL_CruiseHerts-2211_web.jpg

Thanks!

Yeah I'm not 100% on that, very subjective. The 430ex2 was at the rear, in hindsight it should have been pointing a little further down. One more to chalk down to experience!

I like the first.

A few comments on how I think you could improve it:
Lighten the arches of the car up a tad as well as the tyres and wheels.
Bring the ground up to the tyres so that it looks like the car is actually in contact with the ground.
Copy the rear window to the front window so that it is not open (but still make it so that you can see the steering wheel and dash.
You've got the far pillar in the front of the car showing, but then it turns to nothingness - maybe make the headlining visible.
Remove the hotspots on the front and rear bumpers from the flash reflection.

With no.2 I'm not really sure what is going on, but maybe try it with the headlights on next time to give more atmosphere

Hope this helps and you don't take it the wrong way!

George

ps. similar to my shot?
3566884319_8457124d12_m.jpg

I like the first.

A few comments on how I think you could improve it:
Lighten the arches of the car up a tad as well as the tyres and wheels.
Bring the ground up to the tyres so that it looks like the car is actually in contact with the ground.
Copy the rear window to the front window so that it is not open (but still make it so that you can see the steering wheel and dash.
You've got the far pillar in the front of the car showing, but then it turns to nothingness - maybe make the headlining visible.
Remove the hotspots on the front and rear bumpers from the flash reflection.

With no.2 I'm not really sure what is going on, but maybe try it with the headlights on next time to give more atmosphere

Hope this helps and you don't take it the wrong way!

George

ps. similar to my shot?
3566884319_8457124d12_m.jpg

Some good points there, thanks!

The owner did have the window down that's usually one thing I try to avoid but missed it on this one

The hotspots might well be due to too much dodging on my part, I was trying to lighten the edges a little more.

hmmm that is a similar shot isn't it! The ceiling is the same car park as in shot two but I'd levelled it and stretched it across.

Hi Rob

Good to see your post :), Shot #1 for me with the exceptions of the open window and just a little more light on the wheels I think.

Shot two I think would have benefitted from the strobes being up high and pointing down.

Hi Ken

thanks, It's always great to see areas where I could have improved the shot

I think ideally it should have been shot with 5 strobes however I only had the use of 3. Next time however I'll take some reflectors, hopefully these would help direct some of that light onto the wheels whilst still lighting the front end rear.

Shot #2 higher up definately, I'm putting lighting stands and umbrellas on my shopping list!

I also think I could have benefitted from using the location from my previous shots with the Evo & Impreza, the ceiling was lower and reflected the light better but hey, we don't always get to choose our locations :)

Very Pro looking images. Nice one!

Very nice shots..really like the lighting in the first one. Looks like a lot of work went into that and it has paid off.

Ok, I thought I'd revisit this shot and make some suggested alterations.
The you've got the images above.

Here's the original shot, unedited

C4-2263.jpg

And Here's my latest incarnation, I've lightened the arches & wheels and 'closed' the driver side window :)

C4-2263_Edit.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Much better Rob, i like it :)

Back