Citroen C6 (Rig Shots)

Name
Kris
Edit My Images
Yes
I Finally built the Mk3 version of my rig, and needed a car to test it out, a big one. I though I am not keen on the car, I do love the french idea of building something totally different and a little wacky looking.

I hope you like these,

IMG_8199s.jpg

IMG_8161s.jpg

IMG_8111s.jpg

Not overly keen on the backgrounds in the first 2, also something odd with the road in the first 1, i take it you have chopped out the rig, but the road surface looks patchy and well... odd.

As for the car, what the hell were they doing with the rear lights...:wacky:

I like these. It's something I'm keen to have a go at sometime. Sorry I have nothing more constructive to add :LOL:

I prefer the first image although I find trying to work out what is in the top left corner...Concrete batching plant(?)

I love these cars although they are one of the UK's fasted depretiating cars.

There is something very different about shots taken this way!

Think they work best where the angle and surroundings are unusual. The higher angle shot could have been taken from another car.
The multi story car park settings shots you posted previously seem to have more impact than on the road.

Oh I agree mate, this was just a practice to make sure the whole assembly worked as it should, this was just the smoothest stretch of road close to my house, lol. Just noticed you can me in the background! and in case anyone wondered, the yellow vest is only resting there to prevent me from walking into the rig, done that a couple of times in the dark.

When I have a better car the locations will be far more thought out. Watch this space for the new Boxster, and the new M3

wow, they look really good. might have to go to B&Q later on and try something a little smaller.

top work yet again.

I think the pics are great(y)
but..:eek:that rig, do you go out on the open road with that attached? I would imagine the traffic police having a stroke if they saw that!

i love pictures like these.. especially the top two. just wondering.. how much does it cost to set one of those rigs up?

I like em all Kris, great stuff as usual. Any chance of a close at the end where the camera attaches? I'm trying to make out what the big black thing hanging from the end is.

Its cost me about £100, mind you £80 of that was the two manfrotto suction cups. the rest of the design is trial and error to make it work with some alloy box section and steel wire, and and the ability to weld.

Pete, your quite right it is, but I like the dark look, I don't picture this kind of car in a bright scene, maybe if it was a different colour. Going for the big, wide, low, menacing look with this. But as I mentioned before, this shoot was a test more than it was a proper shoot.

The bit hanging from the end is a Manfrotto trigger grip, simply bolted through the beam.
manfrotto_9712.jpg

Yep, ND grad was used to help with the dark look without losing too much detail in the car.

Cheers for the comments guys.

How are you moving the car in these shots Kris? Is someone driving (in which case I'd read that the engine vibes can be a problem) or have you cloned out the pusher?

Yep W.Smith, mounted via suckers on an arm 4 meters long.

Kev, they are driven. Engine vibration is nothing compared to a rough road. I take the shot while clutched in to avoid jerkyness if thats a word. the only bit I clone is the rig itself, which has proved to be the hardest part of this type of shot.

Cheers mate.

Back