City Break Travel Lens

Edit My Images
No
Opinions sought please.

Im going on a "travel very light" city break in a few weeks. Realistically, I need to keep it to 1 lens on my 40d. I may be able to squeeze in a second but likely just the one.

In my bag I have 3 contenders, which would you take for architecture and people?

Sigma 10-20
Tamron 17-50 2.8
Sigma 50-150 2.8

Or, do I invest in something like a Sigma 18-200/250 OS for this type of trip? My Sigma 50-150 2.8 doesnt see much daylight so maybe consider selling this to fund an 18-200.

Thanks for any ideas and input.

You have got the excellent [S1]Tamron 17-50 2.8[/S1] Just use it ;)

I have indeed thanks, and thats the one normally glued to the body.

Im just a bit concerned about missing longer focal length if Im on just the one lens.

Going longer means just your 50-150, which means losing a lot of width. 18-200 would be perfect, but then you're losing spending money for your trip :LOL:

If it was me, I'd take your 17-50 and 50-150. For the tiny ammount of extra space the second lens would take up it's got to be worth it.

18-200 is a great travel lens, but you're nearly there as far as focal length goes, I'd take both, at least you've got f/2.8 at all lenghts there :)

Just to stir the pot a bit ... if you want to shoot architecture, you'd be mad to leave the 10-20mm at home.....

Back