City of Wells - Loco 34092

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
At Ramsbottom station this evening - a 6 second exposure...

city-of-wells-1049.jpg

Nice, lets hope the ELR get the money to keep it at Bury!

Just as Toni has said..first thing that came to mind.. Strong image.Very good.

Thanks everyone, first time I've tried a long exposure of a steam train, so it was a bit of trial and error to get the right length; plus whilst I had my tripod with me I couldn't find the QR plate so this was taken with my camera on the level crossing barrier..

Thanks everyone, first time I've tried a long exposure of a steam train, so it was a bit of trial and error to get the right length; plus whilst I had my tripod with me I couldn't find the QR plate so this was taken with my camera on the level crossing barrier..

Oh dear. Too easy to overlook a small QR plate. For that very reason,because it happened to me too, I keep a spare in my camera bag. You did very well though despite that oversight.

Infact, I forgot mine when we went to Cornwall on holiday for two weeks and it should have been on my 5D11 for long exposures. Then I lost the adaptor ring for my Lee filter holder. Oh yes, a rogue wave took my Canon 17-40mm lens out into the Atlantic inside my small camera bag which was beside me on the sand as I used the 24-105mm on the tripod. There must be a huge amount of camera gear on sea/ocean beds world-wide. So,.. to get back to your QRP..these things happen…all the time.

Back