weekly ClaffClaff's 52 - FEAR ADDED!!!

Name
Carys
Edit My Images
No
Hi Cary's....waiting....waiting...:)

Good first effort, look forward to seeing the next 51 :D

Hi Carys,

I like your first 2 weeks photos, and looking forward to the rest.
For me on Fear, I would have made a couple of steps right and inwards to get a lower DoF to get the angle of looking slightly up at the house.

Chris

Hi Carys, a very nice start on the 52 and welcome aboard :D
The second one personally i would look out for a dramatic/moody sky behind it if a reshoot is possible, just to give it that really eerie feeling and then enhance it by playing with the levels in whatever PP program you use.
Just my opinion but a great idea well shot,
Good luck with the other 50
Best wishes
Cliff

Direction : that works and fits the theme nicely

Fear : What a creepy old, rundown, house. I'm gonna agree with Cliff... get a really moody sky in behind it... but.. an excellent find and a great idea for it... I don't know what's to the left, but it might look better with the end of the garage left in

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

There was a fence in front of the house and could just get my camera in through the a gap in it, hence the angle and distance. Saying that, I could try take it from a lower angle and then edit it out the fence lines (I'm still a novice with that though!). So, I think I'll go back at somepoint and try get another shot of it from a lower angle and when the sky is a bit more dramatic. Will repost it when I get round to it! :)

Cheers guys. (y)

Hi Carys

A couple of good images with apt interpretations of theme. Like the use of the Risk board for your Direction entry and the abandoned house is definately a good subject for Fear.

Looking at both images, my pointer might be to look at overall composition. As has already been said, look for alternative / stronger angles. In the Direction pic, slightly lower and ommitting the cards in the foreground; in your Fear pic, shooting more square on, and at a lower / wider angle.

Cheers

Spooks

Hi, Carys, welcome aboard.

Rick...loved that game (y)

Well composed, on theme.

I'd like to see an opposition piece somewhere, possible on the bottom border of India.

Fear, creepy indeed...but you should have gone inside for a better photograph :D Pity you've cropped the garage. Perhaps pan left and loose the right hand trees??

Cheers.

HI Carys

great start to your project (y)

Direction...not heard of the game but lovely shot...great colors & spot on for the theme (y)

Fear...def a bit creepy , all my thoughts have been mentioned so just a (y) from me

Look foward to seeing your next images :)

Back