Claire's 52 challenge

Edit My Images
Yes
I want to start using my camera for more than gigs and birthdays and being inspired by my bf and his better camera/skill/effort thought a 52 challenge would force me to do more.

On flickr the bf and a friend are joining me and we're taking our theme from the BBC website. We have a Friday midnight deadline each week.

Week one was 'Celebration' and Week Two 'Back To Work'

so this what I've got so far....thanks for looking, let me know what you think

Week One 'Celebration'

Week 1 by clairesundance, on Flickr

Week Two 'Back To Work'

Week 2 by clairesundance, on Flickr

Last edited:
No1 - the simple composition and limited colours work well.
No2 - you have captured the moment well.
The subject does seen to have slipped into the bottom right corner - I would crop about 15% off the left and 10% off the top.
B&W works well in this shot.

Stuart

Cheers. Yeah the second one was out of a window on lunch hour so hence the poor composition, it has been cropped but I thought I'd leave them to the right to set the scene. Having said that I think the crop (below) works really well, thanks.

Cropped Week Two

Cropped by clairesundance, on Flickc

Particularly like your 'back to work' shot and I think, as you say, that the cropped version works really well.

Week 3 - Flight

Week 3 Flight by clairesundance, on Flickr

Very disappointed with this, had very few ideas (until the week had ended - why didn't I just shoot a flight of stairs) and felt limited by my equipment. Crit as appropriate

Week 4 - Rural

Week 4 Rural by clairesundance, on Flickr

Better weather - able to venture out with improved weather just in time for the theme, cows are surprisingly shy and curious...this was the pick without too much movement

Back