Clan Line

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
View attachment 40963

London Victoria to Chester Crewe.

The Virgin train was all I could hear and nearly missed it, both going in the same direction with the steam motoring through. This piece of track is 4 lines wide on the Trent Valley line approaching Colwich Junction.

This is the best photo that I have and not as sharp as it could be.

Trevor

Trevor..I'm a steam enthusiast..just photos not the engineering side. To be honest it's a hard photo to look at..you could have done without the Virgin train (sods law) and the oof embankment and tunnel isn't giving a sense of speed,it just looks oof. .I assume you were panning which isn't easy to get right what with technique and the correct settings.This is just a layman's take on it as I'm not in a position to give detailed critique but you acknowledge it's not the sharpest photo BUT.. I love steam locos and enjoy seeing Clan Line. I have photos of it myself.. I think it's going in for an overhaul..

I just checked http://www.rail.co.uk/rail-news/2015/charter-news/

Hi John.

Yes it was a panned shot and had to do it quiet quickly as I would have no photo at all.

Not a good area to find a good shooting spot, all over grown, cuttings ect. Or a little farther down the line on a station.

Regards Trevor

Back