Class 37 Diesel Engine

Name
Lorraine
Edit My Images
Yes
This engine caused much excitment in my town today, can't say I felt the same way but I happened to be in a good place to take a photo and I'd never taken a photo of a train before - sorry all you enthusiasts but give me a steam train any day!:) Feel free to crit.

Class 37 Diesel

I think most people would prefer a steam train - but these old 37 engines are a big part of our history and as such it's nice to get a record of them
as for your image I have never really been a fan of snapshots taken from a bridge with little effort being put in by the photographer.. though sometimes its the only option if its a one time pass - hence doing a bit of homework on the subject in advance

I personally would of liked to have seen a better backdrop and a better angle - with the sky blown out as well its not exactly a wall hanging image

apologies if my critique is a bit harsh, but I would suggest a more interesting location to shoot it with a far more flattering angle

my 2p
Chris

Thanks Chris, of course you are spot on, obviously trains are not my thing but I take on board your comments for future reference.
Thank you for looking.

Lorraine

I can't readily identify the 37 from the pic, shuffle two steps to the right and wait another half second, and that would have made for a better pic, and I would be able to identify the loco and stock, nonetheless, it is a very nice capture, but, could have been a great one.

-Rob

Perhaps this one is better identification wise, although I still didn't get the name and I thought it should have some track in front of it. I don't like the mess on the trackside either. - I live and learn. :)

"Shirley Ann Smith"

It was the Mid Norfolk Railway's Class 37 Jubilee Gala yesterday, so there would have been a fair few 37's about.

-Rob

ps Ta for the later pic btw :)

pps ...and 37029 on t'other end of the train.... probably....

Last edited:
Somebody is doing a fine job of keeping that 37 in pristine condition. Well done to them.

Hi Lorraine,
Whole new can of worms ,photographing Trains:LOL:

OK,a boring location and angle,colours look oversaturated and sky is blown,so plenty to work on next time,but persevere and lets hope Norfolk see's a nice steam train soon for you to have a go at.

Look forward to your next ones,(y)

Pons

OK,a boring location and angle,colours look oversaturated and sky is blown,so plenty to work on next time,but persevere and lets hope Norfolk see's a nice steam train soon for you to have a go at.

Look forward to your next ones,(y)

Pons

Really??????:LOL: Well I suppose they can only get better!!!!!

Thanks for the comments, guys - if at first you don't succeed...........etc, etc,

Lorraine

The second one is better but taken a few seconds too late.

The train needs if possible to have a few feet of track in front of it.

Also worth considering having the track exiting in one of the bottom corners.

Back