Class one cock-up

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
I was sitting here minding my own bussiness and I heard the unmistakeable ROAR of those Merlin engines. I Ran down stairs grabbed the kit, screwed it all together and fired off a sequence just as the Lancaster and Spitefire went over at not too many feet above the roof
A quick "chimp" and I realised that the camera settings were all over the place and I was left with a "white out" what a plonker! :bang:

Did that one day when I went to Lincoln...... Lanc flew right over the Catherdral, camera out of the bag and....... one very light grey Lancaster! :bang:

Ever since I TRY to leave the camera on Program mode when I put it away ...... have roughly a 50% hit rate with my own memory!

Yep I think I learned a tough lesson today, leave the bloody thing on "auto" when it goes away at least I would have had something "shop-able"

Bad luck, but we've all done, in fact you have just reminded me to go and reset my settings.

I feel for you mate. I've done something similar in the past.

Usually, before I put my camera down, I set the manual to 1/125 and f/8.0, Then Tv and 1/125, then finally into Av, and f/8.0 or thereabouts, where it stays. Also double check ISO is on 200, drive is on single, metering is on Centre Weighted Average, and Mirror lockup is off again (if I've used it).

Just becomes habit, resetting things when I'm done...just incase.

I feel for you mate. I've done something similar in the past.

Usually, before I put my camera down, I set the manual to 1/125 and f/8.0, Then Tv and 1/125, then finally into Av, and f/8.0 or thereabouts, where it stays. Also double check ISO is on 200, drive is on single, metering is on Centre Weighted Average, and Mirror lockup is off again (if I've used it).

Just becomes habit, resetting things when I'm done...just incase.

Thanks for the sympathy guys I don't feel quite so bad now :D
I live quite close to Bletchley Park, so I know they'll be back another day.
A quick check on the web site/ the next scheduled fly past is the 22nd / 23rd Sept. Just the Lancaster this time

The last time I saw them down on the Isle of Wight was three years ago and I didn't have my camera with me.

I already did. He put me on medication.

It really does he.....ZZZZzzZzzzZZ

I'm always on Auto. :LOL:

To be honest thats alot better than what I constantly keep doing. Thats grab my camera, head outside, snap away and go to preview about 15 images later and the message pops up "no cf"

To be honest thats alot better than what I constantly keep doing. Thats grab my camera, head outside, snap away and go to preview about 15 images later and the message pops up "no cf"

30D - Menu - "Shoot without CF Card", set it to NO. First thing I did when I got the camera :bonk:

This thread seems to be going from my cock-up to confessions of a 'tog :D
At least I'm not the only one that manages to screws thing up :D
Cheers guys!

Did that too :D 'till I found out you could set it to shoot without card "NO"

Back