Classic Safari Rally

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

This is my very first post in this forum so please be gentle…

A couple of photos from the recent East African Safari Rally Classic – a 10 day marathon around Kenya and Tanzania

90183589.jpg

Ian Duncan and his event winning Ford Mustang

67002271.jpg

Jayant Shaw in his Datsun 240Z

59562104.jpg

Eric Comas in a gorgeous Renault Alpine

A few more

13548109.jpg

African dust tastes sooo crunchy!

80832486.jpg

Geoff Bell’s Datsun 180B

79448693.jpg

And finally Steve Troman’s Porsche 911

Thanks Geoff

Welcome, Geoff. I really like your set.(y) They hold a particular interest for me, as I was born in Zambia and spent a very happy childhood there. The more I look at your pics, the better they look. Some very nice compositions, especially the 240Z with the Baobab tree in the background. I also really like the Alpine pic, as you have included the village in the shot.....a meeting of two very different worlds.

Welcome, Geoff. I really like your set.(y) They hold a particular interest for me, as I was born in Zambia and spent a very happy childhood there. The more I look at your pics, the better they look. Some very nice compositions, especially the 240Z with the Baobab tree in the background. I also really like the Alpine pic, as you have included the village in the shot.....a meeting of two very different worlds.
thanks for that - I'm Zimbabwean born, so it's always nice to return to Africa! these are just a very few of the near 10 000 photos that I and my team took during the rally!

:welcome: to TP, Geoff :wave:

I must say that's a pretty impressive first post :)

Love the 180B shot, the only thing that would beat it for me would be a shot of a Merc 450 SLC :D

Hi Geoff,
Now these are great ,really enjoyable ,and loved them all,certainly different old school machinery of what is definitely a proper endurance rally .

Used to be great when the works teams did it.

No doubt catch up with you on rallies this year,
Best regards,
Pons

Great set Geoff - been following the rally a bit over on the BRF:)

Nice to see you on here Geoff, what took you so long?

I love the composition of the Alpine shot

Really like the service shot too

I think you've captured what the event is all about ........... dust:LOL:

Ant

Took your time to get on here Geoff :D Nice shots mate, would love to see a bigger version of the Gerard Marcy jump shot ;)

Nice shots! It's hard to me to pick a favourite, although I'd have to say number 3 as it really show the atmosphere well (that shot couldn't have been taken anywhere else, could it?!) although the Porsche and some of the others are probably more eye-catching. Overall it's a really strong set, well done!

Cheers,
Mark

:clap: some amazing shots, Geoff!

I was one of the mechanics for Bjorn Waldegard and Stig Blomqvist in 2007 when we won the rally. it was an amazing experience.
I wish i'd have had chance to get out and take some photos like you've got!

By far the most hectic 10days of my life.
I hope you had an awesome time!
I wish I could have been there. :razz:

well done again! (y)

Back