Classic Sports Cars - Anglesey Trac Mon

Name
colin
Edit My Images
No
Thinking of popping over for this 1st or 2nd July, having never been before I'm hoping for a little advice on good positions to shoot from. I'm aware of Rocket and Peel and hopefully they will be in use although I haven't found anything to confirm which circuit is being used.

Also, is it better to shoot from inside the circuit (assuming it's accessible) or outside?

Any other advice welcome thanks

Oh, and is anyone else going?

I'm the club photographer so will def be there ;-)
We are using the International circuit which is the longest (using the loop and not the much loved corkscrew) if the maintenance work has been completed then you should have access all around the outside - infield is a no - the paddock is open to the public with some great close car / engine / work shots up for grabs - as for the best places - we are running over 24 hours so you will be able to cover everywhere and choose the shots / angles YOU prefer.

In the past I have done the entire circuit with the 70-200 2.8 with 1.4 extender, hope that helps.

.DAVID.

I've not been to Anglesey for a couple of years, but the outside of the circuit has good access and low fencing most of the way around. Infield is strictly out of bounds except for a couple of areas for accredited photogs.

The longer International circuit removes the circuits unique set of corners in favour of two straights and a hairpin.

Last edited:
I'm the club photographer so will def be there ;-)
We are using the International circuit which is the longest (using the loop and not the much loved corkscrew) if the maintenance work has been completed then you should have access all around the outside - infield is a no - the paddock is open to the public with some great close car / engine / work shots up for grabs - as for the best places - we are running over 24 hours so you will be able to cover everywhere and choose the shots / angles YOU prefer.

In the past I have done the entire circuit with the 70-200 2.8 with 1.4 extender, hope that helps.

.DAVID.
Thanks David very helpful

If I manage to get a 1/10th pan from behind a twig I’ll let you know

Back