Answered Classifieds Sell Question

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
I have a lens I'm selling that I don't know the value of. I've put it on "that" auction site as an auction to let bidders decide what the price should be.

Am I allowed to advertise it here for a fixed price (as per the rules) but explain that as I don't really know the value it's "for sale elsewhere" (as per the rules) with a link to the auction site?
The fixed price would obviously be a price I'd be happy to sell at.

Yes you are allowed, to advertise here, but must state a price,
you must have a rough idea what its worth.
You can always take offers here too, if you think you over price it.

You can link to your eBay item but the full description must be here and it must be for sale here.
Of course you can always try the price checks forum first.

Put it up for fifty quid.

If no takers or enquiries after a fortnight its too expensive
If it sells within minutes it was too cheap
If someone tries to knock you down by a fiver its about right and they are just cheapskates

Couple of things you may want to consider. If you check on eBay’s “sold items” you can see an average price that your lens sells for. eBay to a great extent is a good guide to market value. On eBay you’ll get the best result starting the auction low and letting people bid. It will normally then find its correct price. However, remember that once your auction has a single bid you are no longer allowed to pull it and sell it here or elsewhere. You’re obligated to then let the auction run it’s course and would have to pull the ad here at that point. IME, you’re better off establishing a price, posting it here first and if it doesn’t sell then pop it on eBay. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back