classy locations to shoot in?

mrjames

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, i'm looking to find some cool locations to shoot in, for model work mostly- as I don't like shooting in studio and it's getting cold outside.

my favourite abandoned building where I did the shoot below has just been knocked down :(

0J9W4336-Edit_o.jpg

0J9W4364-Edit_o.jpg

0J9W4444-Edit_o.jpg

there's an agency in london who rent out cool spaces, http://www.inspacelocations.com/locations.htm
(would love to shoot at MC motors)
but there's nothing like this in Scotland- also i'd rather not pay for something unless it was absolutely brilliant.

I do love to shoot in abandoned places but i'm also looking to get shots in some more elegant locations.

My parents house is quite nicely decorated so I shoot there sometimes but my flat is general student quality so I can't shoot there as it's both small and awful- so how do people go about finding/getting good locations to shoot in? Is it usually a case of knowing the right people who will let you call in a favour, or just cold calling some places
I want to send out some emails to places I'm interested in,
some of these places are just nice bars/restaurants, and other are places that hire out for weddings/corporate events (like country houses/castles etc)

but I want to hear about your experiences first as I don't want to come across unprofessional or cheeky

i'm going to be using speedlites and won't require electricity and i'm only going to be using the space for an hour or two, are they likely to ignore my email

bearing in mind that I do shoot commercial interiors too, so I don't want to **** off a restaurant that could later become a client of mine

I'm doing some research now for simular locations around the Glasgow/Lothian area's. So if I find something that suits, I'll let you know.

In regards to abandoned, St peters seminary is a not bad place to shoot, Never shot there myself, But its falling down, covered in artistic graffiti, And on a weekday, usually quiet.

I'm doing some research now for simular locations around the Glasgow/Lothian area's. So if I find something that suits, I'll let you know.

In regards to abandoned, St peters seminary is a not bad place to shoot, Never shot there myself, But its falling down, covered in artistic graffiti, And on a weekday, usually quiet.

sweet, thanks :)

i'm going to st peters on monday actually, so i'll post up some pictures

Back