Cleaning the dishes... (more droplets)

Edit My Images
Yes
Actually not cleaning, but using dishwasher Rinse aid added to some water (on the advice of a Flickr'er), I have got some very pretty shots :D And basically... I wanted to show off a bit :LOL: Click to enlarge.

Last edited:
Oh man, I've tried water drops loads of times, how the hell do you get the collisions?

What height do you drop the water from?

Show off!!!

Love them all Ash and Show off all you like. Simply stunning

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

#5 for me love the two colour effect you sure your not really a lousy tog but a photoshop wizard?????:wacky:

By the way I've got a week off 7th March how's that video coming along? My wife would really like it if I could at least spend one day of the week not locked into my little photo room trying to copy this

Last edited:
Oh man, I've tried water drops loads of times, how the hell do you get the collisions?

Do a search for AshMash threads... He has detailed before how to do this with an excellent set-up shot or 2. Very impressive. I have still yet to try collisions as I find one water drop hard enough..... but that may be down to wrong set up. I will definately be trying again when I have more time using the advice of AshMash.

BTW..... Simply stunning as usual Ash... I really want to get a collision shot of my own that I'm proud enough of to hang on the wall..(y) :clap:

Ash you seriously need yto get out the house more mate, we cannot keep up with you:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Love these as with all that you do, keep up the good work Ash(y)

As per what someone else said: see my other threads! And for easiness so you don't have to search, for a full round up, see HERE.

Show off!!!

Love them all Ash and Show off all you like. Simply stunning

Hehe, thanks John! :D

#5 for me love the two colour effect you sure your not really a lousy tog but a photoshop wizard?????

By the way I've got a week off 7th March how's that video coming along? My wife would really like it if I could at least spend one day of the week not locked into my little photo room trying to copy this

WELL, yes, I admit, that one and one or two others have had their colours altered from the original. The trick isn't getting colours though, its: 1. getting the forms, and 2. getting dark colours (you can't, or I can't, make colours darker in PP, only change them). I have the originals if you want to see, and they're just as pretty... only... samey. I see it more as making art, rather than a scientifically accurate represenation of what occurs when I drop blue liquid into red.

As for the video, I swear I genuinely forgot again. I will be sure to do it when I remember, sorry! If I've got til 7th of March, then I'll do it next week after my exam on Monday :)

Do a search for AshMash threads... He has detailed before how to do this with an excellent set-up shot or 2. Very impressive. I have still yet to try collisions as I find one water drop hard enough..... but that may be down to wrong set up. I will definately be trying again when I have more time using the advice of AshMash.

BTW..... Simply stunning as usual Ash... I really want to get a collision shot of my own that I'm proud enough of to hang on the wall..(y)

Thank you! :D

Ash you seriously need yto get out the house more mate, we cannot keep up with you:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Love these as with all that you do, keep up the good work Ash(y)

Haha... it's too cold outside though :( Thanks!

Really striking images, awesome colours too (y)

Thank you :)

I found very interesting video with water drops on youtube, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRSK4k3D-50&feature=player_embedded

See my other thread for when I photographed just that ;)

They are fantastic. Showing off? You have every right to.

Your drop collisions have certainly inprooved since you first started doing them.
As they say "practice makes perfect" and you are just about there.

Allan

THank you both! :D Practice indeed... I reckon I've taken about 15k or more water droplet shots now. I just passed the 20k mark in total on my camera...

Beautiful Ash.

You really are fast becoming THE daddy of Collisions.

Guys, maybe we should let him run the LHC - I think we can trust him more than the fools over there presently .. hehehe :)

That said, knowing Ash, he'll be there, camera in hand ready to photograph the Higgs Boson :D

Beautiful Ash.

You really are fast becoming THE daddy of Collisions.

Guys, maybe we should let him run the LHC - I think we can trust him more than the fools over there presently .. hehehe :)

That said, knowing Ash, he'll be there, camera in hand ready to photograph the Higgs Boson :D

Hahahaha, aww thanks Ian! :love: Lol! I had to google LHC... hehe. Didn't do any collisions tonight. Major exams on monday... eek.

Back