Cleaning

Edit My Images
Yes
I just received a Kikon 90X body purchased through a well know auction website (Can I name names on here??). Camera looks in good nick but there was no cap over lens mount, so there is all manner of dust and bits on the mirror :(

Can someone recommend a good way of cleaning this? I have never done this before ... :thinking:

Just hold it upside down and use a blower.
Theres no sensor for all that rubble to stick to, so move things about a bit and let gravity empty the chamber.

If it was mine, I'd probably use a vaccum..

and suck all its giblets out aswell:bonk:

I'm joking about the vaccum, cant recommend hoovering a cameras innards:LOL:

It would be worth getting hold of some air duster, you can get it from places like Maplin and CPC. Come in a spray can, very useful stuff.

I can also recommend some kind of foam cleaner and a toothbrush for the doing the external, brings that leatherete sort of stuff up a treat, then a bit of polish!

Thanks guys.

I bought a rocket blower thingy from Jessops and the guy recommended some lens cleaner on a very soft cloth will remove anything stuck on to the mirror. All good but through the view finder, still seeing some specs. Anymore recommendations?

those specs will be on the focus screen and can be very tricky to get out, it's a question of repeated blowings until you get enough out that you can ignore it otherwise you risk damaging the focus screen which can be a total pain.

Back