Clearing the Cobwebs at Dovedale

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
What better way to spend New Years Day than out in the glorious countryside. Today I went for a gentle walk to Dovedale and climbed up Thorpe Cloud. The weather was wonderful although as the afternoon went on the dynamic range became a little challenging. Anyway here are a few shots from the day. I am looking forward to going back when I have more time to spend setting up.

Dovedale by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Untitled by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Untitled by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

the dynamic range became a little challenging

The highlights are very clearly blown in the first shot and a lot of it just became false grey through forced "recovery"

The highlights are very clearly blown in the first shot and a lot of it just became false grey through forced "recovery"

Thanks for the feedback, you are correct the highlights were blown and I had to do quite a bit in PP to rescue the shot to what it was. In all honesty this was a quick grab shot whilst out walking with the family and the dog. I have however marked it as a place that I want to return to with tripod and filters. In reality the only way to have got the shot today would have been multiple exposures and blending. Unfortunately with an eager 10 year old, wife and dog in tow, I simply didn’t have the time.

Back