Cleveleys Beach (before the ship beached) *** Updated with colour version

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken the day before the cargo ship was washed up on the beach.

C&C welcome.

Thanks for looking.

no biscuits....... :crying:

Much nicer without the ship really.

I love the balance of movement in the water close up but out beyond your rock crops the sea looks more frozen. Great! (y)

Thanks.

It was difficult shooting conditions to say the least, as it was blowing a gale at the time. The wind was doing its best to blow the tripod over and the spray from the sea covered the filter with each wave. I have lots of shots that are pretty much unusable due to being coated with spray !

Thanks guys.

Good work indeed amazing shots to be had in really bad weather if you are brave and intrepid that is a cracker the B&W is perfect.

Bill

Good work indeed amazing shots to be had in really bad weather if you are brave and intrepid that is a cracker the B&W is perfect.

Thanks. It was windy and it was freezing cold as well. I was going to wait for a possible sunset but it was too cold to hang around. Everyone else was sat in their cars watching the waves and probably thinking what's that mad fool doing down there !

I think the conversion works really well (y)

Thanks, it doesn't look too bad in colour either.

You sure can, I'll post a colour version tonight when i get home.

Colour version as promised
movement_colour.jpg

Like this very much, good shot and even better with the B&W conversion (y)

The B/W is excellent, if you add some punch to the saturation and contrast of the colour version it will rival the B/W one, give it a go.(y)

Fantastic shots :clap: - you are very brave going out there in those conditions. I'm in Cleveleys most weekends at the Girlfriends, where abouts are these taken in relation to the new Cinema? They look like the new rocks (groyne replacements) just near the Cinema.

Here's a link to some of mine from last summer if you are interested

Thanks Simon, this was directly opposite the new cinema and pub right below the shelter next to the new groynes.

Like this very much, good shot and even better with the B&W conversion (y)

Thank Byrhtnoth

The B/W is excellent, if you add some punch to the saturation and contrast of the colour version it will rival the B/W one, give it a go.(y)

Thanks Susane, I didn't really fiddle with the colour version that much, the black and white version had most of the processing work done on it. I did boost the saturation as you can tell by the red brick in the bottom right, but there wasn't much in the way of colour around to boost.

Well I had go earlier so I'd better show you my effort.:)
Adjusted the contrast & brightness, added more saturation.
Would work better with the original file but I think it works.

movement_colour2.jpg

That edit is very nice, I like the b/w but the light in the colour edited version is rather nice.

Hmm nice one Susane (y)

I've had a bit of a tinker with it. Might have overcooked the greens slightly. Not had much time to play with it tonight though.

Thanks for all your comments.

movement_colour1.jpg

What a lovely photograph, its amazing how much you can change the mood by tinkering.

What a lovely photograph, its amazing how much you can change the mood by tinkering.
Thanks zarozinia.

B&W one is cracking. Perfect shutter spead (y)

Cheers mate. The shutter speed etc seem to have gone from the exif, but for the record it was a 5 second exposure at f8 using a 10 stop ND filter, circ polariser and ND grad !

fantastic shot!!
I really must get down to the shoreline more often.

Yes you should :D
Thanks for your comment

I like both the colour and the BW but the colour image edges it for me, I agree the shuter speed looks spot on to keep some detail in the water but still having that sense of movement(y)

Back