cley Windmill Norfolk

Lovely - I've walked past that scene many times and never achieved anything so good

You certainly got some nice moody sky, tones and details out of the clouds although I'm not sure of the colour conversion. Nice though (y)

Really nice shot, just as above the colour conversion on it doesn't work for me. Would love to see the colour version.

Straight mono looks better but that's a great windmill which does look better in colour - were there last summer and shot very similar

there was a tog there when i walked past, i had the family with me so i just turned around and took a shot whilst walking, came out better than i expected defo more luck than judgment lol. I live in Norfolk im about an hour from here..

Definitely prefer the straight B&W version. I've shot a very similar picture of the mill in the past, and at this time of year the drab lighting can mean a mono is the better option vs colour.

I prefer the blue-toned version, which looks deeper and richer - by comparison the 'straight' conversion looks a little flat & dull - looks to me like there's more difference than just a toning.

I prefer the blue-toned version, which looks deeper and richer - by comparison the 'straight' conversion looks a little flat & dull - looks to me like there's more difference than just a toning.

it was done with split tones in lightroom, i did the normal conversion first then at a later date i put it back in lightroom and adjusted the tones and tweeked the clarity a bit more and ended up with how it is now

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 13.15.13 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

it was done with split tones in lightroom, i did the normal conversion first then at a later date i put it back in lightroom and adjusted the tones and tweeked the clarity a bit more and ended up with how it is now

Screen Shot 2017-03-08 at 13.15.13 by Harry Picturebike Lessman, on Flickr

Thanks for confirming - that'll be the difference.

Assuming that's a screengrab from the processed virtual copy, you know you can make another virtual copy & remove all the editing (hit reset) to give you access to the original colour version?

Thanks for confirming - that'll be the difference.

Assuming that's a screengrab from the processed virtual copy, you know you can make another virtual copy & remove all the editing (hit reset) to give you access to the original colour version?

i just edited it again in the same way as when i did it the first time then took the screenshot, i saved the split tone adjustments as a preset to use on other images. i only have a mono version until i can find where i saved the original file...

Back