client detail database

Name
julien
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

does anyone know of a cheap or free piece of software for recording clients and contacts information. also if possible to be able to print labels from this software would be a bonus. (y)

What about the database program in open office? The whole suite is a free, open source office suite that is compatible with microsoft office documents. I have only used it briefly as I already have office, but installed it on the kids computers and it seemed to work well enough. You do of course need to design your own database as your would with Access, though it may have some preset templates for basic stuff like client details, I haven't looked.

preferably PC and i actually have microsoft office. didnt realise Access was for that as ive never looked at it :)
thanks for the heads up.

One word of warning, Access can appear to be complete double dutch if you have never used it before and the help system is as good as useless unless you understand techno-babble - any problems, pop to a bookshop or library and get one of a million different titles that explain it in english. Then it becomes very straightforward for what you want to do with it. ;)

Also be aware that for Commercial Purposes you need to comply with the Data Protection Act and specifically the requirement to register with the Information Commissioner's Office

More Information

EDIT - about the registration bit - that doens't apply if you are only processing personal information for

* staff administration (including payroll);
* advertising, marketing and public relations for your own business; or
* accounts and records (some not-for-profit organisations)

But you still need to be aware of the act and your responsibilities !!

I'm off on a week long comprehensive Access Development course next week so can let you have my notes after :LOL:

Cant you just use the outlook address book and use mail merge from word if you have Microsoft office ?

Back