B&W Clifton Suspension Bridge (a little misty)

Name
Rob Telford
Edit My Images
No
During a visit to family in Bristol last weekend, we were treated to some very pleasant atmospheric effects when we stopped by Brunel's famous bridge across the Avon Gorge

The last one is a view from the bridge, which I'm sneaking into the set :)

1. Clifton Suspension Bridge by Rob Telford, on Flickr

2. Clifton Suspension Bridge by Rob Telford, on Flickr

3. Clifton Suspension Bridge by Rob Telford, on Flickr

4. Clifton Suspension Bridge by Rob Telford, on Flickr

5. Clifton Suspension Bridge by Rob Telford, on Flickr

6. Clifton Suspension Bridge by Rob Telford, on Flickr

7. St Vincent's Rocks by Rob Telford, on Flickr

Last edited:
A cracking set! My favourites are #3 & #4.

My mother lived for a while in Bristol, in a flat on the floating harbour. It is to my eternal shame that I never visited the suspension bridge. I went to Leigh Woods a lot, but never the bridge - silly!

"Excellent" set of architectural style captures Rob, liking all of these very much.

Nice with the mist, it's a great place to visit.
Some years ago I used to have to climb over the side of the bridge to work on the cradle that runs underneath. :)

Nice with the mist, it's a great place to visit.
Some years ago I used to have to climb over the side of the bridge to work on the cradle that runs underneath. :)

Rather you than me!

IIRC Brunel's original design for the deck of the bridge included a walkway underneath for maintenance access, which would probably have made that all a lot easier.

Rather you than me!

IIRC Brunel's original design for the deck of the bridge included a walkway underneath for maintenance access, which would probably have made that all a lot easier.
It was fun with tourists, I would tell them I was going to do a triple-salchow! :LOL:

Last edited:
Back