Clikpic or Photium

Name
Caroline
Edit My Images
Yes
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm looking to create a website, Clikpic, Photium and Zenfolio have all been mentioned to me. Does anyone have a view, I've tried a trial with clikpic , does seem less friendly and more complicated?

comments please
Caroline

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm looking to create a website, Clikpic, Photium and Zenfolio have all been mentioned to me. Does anyone have a view, I've tried a trial with clikpic , does seem less friendly and more complicated?

It's going to depend on your purpose.. what do you want the website to do?

I use photium too, very helpful support with quick response. Cant fault them really.

Steve

Another satisfied Photium customer here, their customer service is superb.

Clickpic sites all look the same - awful.

Can't believe their prices and restrictions either.

Photium for me too. Does all I currently require of a website.
As previous posters have said, its customer service is superb.

I did compare Photium and Clikpic when I wanted a website and went for the Photium free trial first because it looked more inviting, more attractve.
I never bothered with a Clickpc trial after that. In fact, if I remember correctly I didn't even bother going the entire free month with Photium; I signed up for the full service very swiftly, so impressed was I.

Another happy Photium customer here. About a couple of months before my subscription expired, I needed to increase the capacity. It was changed within an hour and without additional charge for the remaining period.

Bob

:)I've just started my new site on Photium and am very pleased with it so far. I found Will to be very helpful during the development stage. After saying that, I can not claim any experience with Clickpic, but if it is anywhere as good as the help received from Will, then it must be very good indeed.

http://www.earthstoryimages.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering if any Photium users would kindly answer a question for me.

I am trying Photium I would like to have 3 adjourning words in 3 different colors is this possible?

Thanks Jude

I've been with clikpic for a few years now - design selection is good and it's plenty customisable. I'm not concerned by their prices, although I'm sure there are cheaper providers out there. I looked at Photium but never got past the free trial, as the fonts they use are absolutely pap and look like something off MS Word!!

I've been with clikpic for a few years now - design selection is good and it's plenty customisable. I'm not concerned by their prices, although I'm sure there are cheaper providers out there. I looked at Photium but never got past the free trial, as the fonts they use are absolutely pap and look like something off MS Word!!

There is now a huge selection of fonts available with Photium.

Another vote for Photium here. Played around with Clikpic for a while but just didn't like the way 'it worked', so went for Photium instead...really easy to use and achieves better results IMHO.

I was with Clikpic for years and have just left and moved to Smugmug, very happy though still working on customising my site but that's my issue with not having time, I love smug mug

I use Zenfolio..my site is very clean and minimal and this was easy to achieve with customising, very easy to use and reasonably cheap..

Robin

i have used clikpic for my site, have found no problems at all and have found the clikpic system is being updated every few weeks with new fetures.
after doing an even i need to up date my subscription to post a lot more photos, put in my card details and in 2 mins my subsciption was updated.
Yes its no the best looking of set ups but it works, easy and i have had no down time since using.

Hi

Log into your site go to Admin Home, as you look down the left hand column 1st heading is Personal, next heading is General and you can edit your basic pages from here. Or in the right hand column you will see custom pages you can edit these from here.

Alternatively if none of this makes sense send a support request, I found Will really patient helpful even when I have asked the most basic simple questions.

Regards Jude

Ex-Photium user here. I decided to move on because I wanted more control and went DIY with Wordpress etc.

As said above Photium customer service was excellent and when it came time to leave there were no dodgy T&C clauses and no issues with moving my domain name over. I'd heartily recommend them.

Ian.

It's going to depend on your purpose.. what do you want the website to do?

THIS^

At the risk of getting flamed...

If I was the OP I wouldn't listen to a single recommendation that didn't at least acknowledge this question.

And only one response who links to an example site:thinking: If you're so happy with the website builder you used, why not show the OP how great the results are:shrug:

If the OP said I want a camera, there'd be a hundred people say 'what do you want it for?' but apparently all websites do the same thing:bang:

I will add though; I have never seen a Clickpic site that looked anything other than awful. I wasn't really aware of the Photium sites, but I've just looked at their flagship samples, and honestly, not much better than Clickpic - every one gave me a copyright warning ON A LEFT CLICK!

Hi

Log into your site go to Admin Home, as you look down the left hand column 1st heading is Personal, next heading is General and you can edit your basic pages from here. Or in the right hand column you will see custom pages you can edit these from here.

Alternatively if none of this makes sense send a support request, I found Will really patient helpful even when I have asked the most basic simple questions.

Regards Jude

Thanks Jude. on first setup its in basic mode so you have to go to advanced mode to edit each page. thanks again.

Dear Sep 555

I don't proclaim to be a good website builder my skills are limited and it took me a while to learn how to get my website as I wanted it so it didn't resemble some of the standard Clickpic / Photium examples but I did get there in the end.

Best of luck with creating your website

Regards Jude

Back