Cloisters

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Still loving my Sigma 10-20. Went to Norwich Cathedral today. After some playing, ended up with this. Does it work?

8094974270_7d393c0654_b.jpg

Not bad, a little light in some of the window openings but that can be improved - I think it would be better as a straight B&W conversion as the little bit of colour doesn't add to it IMO.

Not bad, a little light in some of the window openings but that can be improved - I think it would be better as a straight B&W conversion as the little bit of colour doesn't add to it IMO.

OK. I wasn't too sure myself, hence the post. Thanks for your opinion. Genuinely appreciated.

I like the PP Steve, but for me I think I would have the corner post on the left as all the weight of the shot is on the right, if that makes sense, other words a sight rotation of the camera plane towards you on your right side

I like the PP Steve, but for me I think I would have the corner post on the left as all the weight of the shot is on the right, if that makes sense, other words a sight rotation of the camera plane towards you on your right side

Do you mean I should have been standing 10' to the right? I think I get what you mean. Thanks for the advice Dave.

Do you mean I should have been standing 10' to the right? I think I get what you mean. Thanks for the advice Dave.

Hi

No not move, camera rotation I just tried to draw a sketch on the computer, but cant show what I mean,

Maybe it would be easier to say so you have some of the right hand wall in shot, so youll get the light on the floor and up the wall , that would put the central post to the left

Hi

No not move, camera rotation I just tried to draw a sketch on the computer, but cant show what I mean,

Maybe it would be easier to say so you have some of the right hand wall in shot, so youll get the light on the floor and up the wall , that would put the central post to the left

Ah! I understand! Sorry, takes a while to filter through my single brain cell :LOL:

Very nice, must pop up there one day and have a play. I would have tried to ensure that the corner was dead centre-might have made it more balanced.

Works for me, I like the framing and the light and shadow detail. It would be worth a mono conversion, although I do like the colour version. The 10-20 seem a very versaitile piece of glass.

I like it, bet the light on the floor would stand out a lot more in black and white. I'd also clone out the three painted steps on the left if you can.

Luke

Thanks for the comments. Looks like I'm going to have to give a B&W a go :)

Adrian, the 10-20 is a great little lens for the money. Not the brightest at a max of f4, but with enough light a lovely bit of kit.

Back