Close call........

Edit My Images
Yes
........or optical illusion.....:thinking:

I'm guessing the 2nd option but was amazed to see, what I thought was obviously the higher altitude plane, pass under the other!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Telephoto illusion. :)

Hiya Roger, yes, I get a telephoto lens can give the impression of distance compression (y)

I'm no plane spotter but I'd have thought the 2 planes were of similar size?. What does confuse me, why does the plane that's closer to the ground look so much smaller than the one above when I'd expect it the other way round?

Hiya Roger, yes, I get a telephoto lens can give the impression of distance compression (y)

I'm no plane spotter but I'd have thought the 2 planes were of similar size?. What does confuse me, why does the plane that's closer to the ground look so much smaller than the one above when I'd expect it the other way round?
Smaller plane?

Smaller plane?

Yes, alot smaller than I first thought Richard (y)

I've had a look at Flightradar24 and played back with yesterday's time and date.

The larger plane is a Turkish Airlines Boeing 777, flying @ 37,000ft, the smaller one is a BA Airbus A320, flying @34,025ft

What I didn't realise, the Airbus is around 40% smaller than the Boeing :rolleyes::)

not quite as big but still a close shave!

baloon.jpg

Pretty cool though :)

Back