close encounters

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Just watched CLose ENcounters of the third kind. What a feast of fillum cameras. Loads one gantry and at the end the heroine shoots a roll off through a Rollei 35b, I think. Mind you she'll never get anything decent shooting straight into the light.:D

Andy

Hah, I annoy the other half constantly by identifying cameras in old films :D And snakes too! :D

Looks like I might have to dig this film out Andy to take a close look ....got it on dvd somewhere!

Have to confess I like to see period dramas and such like when there's an occasional family or wedding shot being taken on LF....not always easy to ID the camera 100% though.

I saw a mamiya 6 once, I'm buggered if I can remember the film but it was a vicar shooting a group wedding shot on a........tripod !.....:shrug:

Anyway, I'd venture to say that 99% of all film cameras caught in films, are Nikons with black tape over the "Nikon" and a motor winder sound even if the thing doesn't have a motor winder on it..lol

and a motor winder sound even if the thing doesn't have a motor winder on it..lol

and tyres squealing on gravel and dirt roads and bullets ricocheting when there's nothing to ricochet off :LOL:

I think there were a few leica reporters cameras on the gantry and a Nikon of some
sort with a motor winder and a side grip and below them at least 2 blads.

Back