Close focus adapter for Sony (VM/LM to E)

Edit My Images
No
Don't know what you mean by 'close focus adapter' it's just an adapter to mount V/L lenses onto a Sony E mount camera.

Edit, apologies I thought it was for M39 lenses. I still don't know what you mean by 'close focus' though.

Last edited:
Don't know what you mean by 'close focus adapter' it's just an adapter to mount V/L lenses onto a Sony E mount camera.

Edit, apologies I thought it was for M39 lenses. I still don't know what you mean by 'close focus' though.

If you are familiar with these adapters, these adapters reduce MFD of attached lens. This is why they call those close focus.
For example for Leica mount Voigtlander VM 40mm 1.2 which has 70cm MFD, it reduces it to around 35-40cm.

If you are familiar with these adapters, these adapters reduce MFD of attached lens. This is why they call those close focus.
For example for Leica mount Voigtlander VM 40mm 1.2 which has 70cm MFD, it reduces it to around 35-40cm.
OK, didn't know they were available. Is it an optical element in the adapter that does this, or does it work like an extension tube at the expense of infinity focus?

I have one of those (no orange ring though) that I used once with a Voigtlander lens on my Sony a9 but I sold the lens soon after.

It worked fine, nicely made actually ... if you are interested I could stick it in the classifieds ... say £22 incl postage?

I have one of those (no orange ring though) that I used once with a Voigtlander lens on my Sony a9 but I sold the lens soon after.

It worked fine, nicely made actually ... if you are interested I could stick it in the classifieds ... say £22 incl postage?

Thanks, good to know.
Its ok, new one, Pro version (with orange ring) is new for £25 posted, I just bought one.

Back