Close up portraiture, would love some comments?

Edit My Images
No
As I have been treated quite gently in my first picture post in the nature forum I thought I would see what the 'experts' think of a portrait style shot I took a little while ago. This was an untouched and uncropped image that in all honesty was probably just a bit of luck but I really like it and would love some comments and critique of how to take better portrait and people shots as this is something I would love to do more of.

Anyway here is my snap and a link to the original photo:

295369414_f69c5251f6.jpg

Link to original: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nictry/295369414/sizes/o/

Would have liked to see her eyes in this, but otherwise nice idea :)

Would have liked to see her eyes in this, but otherwise nice idea :)

I have got some others with full face but TBH the focus is not sharp on the face so overall not as nice a shot but thanks for the comments

I like this, simple and effective, kind of leaves you wanting more in a good way!

i agree, not seeing the eyes makes it more of a mystery, and thereby more interesting.

Its a really great photo, love the use of focus.

Pretty much my thoughts too. The hair really helps keep the image tight to the face and soft at the same time. It's great.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the positive feedback.

I just wish I could take pictures of the quality of some of the folks here, I seem to get a 'good' picture every 100 or so pictures and possibly one I am proud of every few months but I suppose that is why you just need to keep practising!!!!

I just wish I could take pictures of the quality of some of the folks here

and you think people aren't looking at your shot and thinking exactly the same thing?

It's a photographers lot, better get used to it. ;)

Back