Cloudscapes with my new 5D

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
No
I treated myself a few weeks ago to a mint condition, secondhand 5D :D and I love it :love: Here's just a few of the first shots I've taken with it :)

3727225058_cbf3012f9b_o.jpg

Drama In The Sky
3731313103_8b83cb92b3_o.jpg

3737901391_525237c125_o.jpg

I deliberately processed the last two to look dark and brooding, might not be to everyone's tastes but I like it :)

Thanks for looking :D

This was taken with the 400D - I'd originally posted it as being taken with the 5D - d'oh! :bonk: But I thought I'd include it anyway!
3731932596_b30792b4d6_o.jpg

Last edited:
Great shots! 1 and 3 are my favourites.

#1 and #4 are lovely Donna - great captures

#3 and #2 - hmmm not quite to my tastes colourwise ;) I can see what you were trying to do but doesn't quite work for me!

#1 is a splendid shot though - the composition is spot on (y)

I hope you enjoy your new toy and look for to more from you :)

Last edited:
Nice set Donna and a new camera too you lucky thing you (y)

1. Is just a point and shoot shot bit boring for me but it has a good lead in
2. Great textures , great sky and i like the colours Nice!
3. Like this too , but a nice border would go well :)

Excellent work Donna....especially like No.1. Looks like they were taken in Texas rather than Kent, beautiful big skies....me likee
Regards, Alan

Like the pp in the moody ones (y)

Keep looking around the first one, nothing is holding my attention :|

Donna, just a thought but the more I look at No.1 the more I think it could look better in a 'pano' crop, loosing half the sky? Would emphasise the thought you put into the composition by placing the wonky post as focal point. Try scrolling the image up a tad and have a look.
Regards, Alan

Donna, just a thought but the more I look at No.1 the more I think it could look better in a 'pano' crop, loosing half the sky? Would emphasise the thought you put into the composition by placing the wonky post as focal point. Try scrolling the image up a tad and have a look.
Regards, Alan

Ok, we are all now officialy in trouble. Our Tog of the year has gone all full frame on us! :)

Glad you like it, I still absolutely adore mine and one day I might actually be able to use it as well as you. :)

Welcome to the 5D owners' club - you look to be settling in rather well, in fact :D :D (y)

#2 and #3 are the pick for me - the exaggerated processing really works, and I like the 'big sky' view - although I would say Kansas, rather than Texas :LOL: - tornado country. And the first shot does have nice clouds, I agree :)

love the detail in these shots. Sadly the moody processing doesn't work for me as it contradicts the fluffy white clouds. Still really nice composition

Many thanks Mark :) I was desperately trying to find an old delapidated shack on the horizon but sadly not one was to be found! :(:D

Huss, I knew the processing wouldn't be to everyone's likes but thanks for taking the time to look and comment. :)

These are AWESOME :D I REALLY liked the warmer variants, excellent cast of colour.

Gary.

Back