Coal Tit in Flight

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Just wanted to share a shot of this little Coal Tit making of with it's prized peanut.

Hope you all like this one.

7294541_orig.jpg

http://northernclicks.weebly.com/

Nikon D300
Sigma 120-30mm 2.8

Last edited:
I do! great capture, and thanks - I never thought of clicking them as they flew away from my feeder!

Superb shot,how did you do it.

Break up the nuts for them says the RSPB

I do! great capture, and thanks - I never thought of clicking them as they flew away from my feeder![/
QUOTE]

I normally get (blurred) shots of them flying away when trying to get them on the feeder.

"Colours, sharpness, composition and great shutter speed make this a Brilliant shot"

Agree with everyones comments apart from the one about colour...it looks a bit on the yellow side to me.

Brill capture though.

Keith (y)

ringyneck said:
Agree with everyones comments apart from the one about colour...it looks a bit on the yellow side to me.

Brill capture though.

Keith (y)

Just a thought with regards to your comment about the colour, and bearing in mind where the OP is from.... I'm guessing that it's a 'hibernicus' coal tit... Periparus ater hibernicus.... hence the more yellow colour than we are used to seeing...

Wow! Simply wow, the detail and sharpness are fabulous! (y)

Thanks all for your comments glad most of you liked this one.

Reference the colour, at present im getting coal tits visiting that range from plain grey with white and black, to grey, yellow,white,black, and some grey, brown, white, black.

I have no idea to be honest why the variation of colours, maybe some younger some older, really no idea.

I do use a grey card to set the white balance of the raws before converting to jpg as I have always done so the colours should be correct rather than using auto white balance.

Cheers Gareth

Solo man I think you may well be correct, you know your birds well.

Many Thanks Gareth

Lol, not really....but, I can understand the comment about the colour, as, to be fair, I'm sure most will only have seen the standard grey/black,white ones...
It is a very good shot too....

Back