Coal Tit on gorse

Name
Wez
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple of shots of a very active Coal Tit at Ashdown Forest in East Sussex. I blew the highlights on number 2 and would've liked his head to have been slightly higher in image number 1. There's always a next time!

Coal Tit by Wez Filtness, on Flickr

Coal Tit by Wez Filtness, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely to see it singing away :)

I like the bird best in #2 but the comp. best in #2.

How ya doing kiddo? Too long no speak Wez!!........................... I've been being a sneaky sod( who moi :LOL: ) and spent a fab hour with Shaz looking at your flicky images rock'n' roll mate fair play some lovely lovely work, (y) Thoose darfords are to die for !! Really enjoyable bud and inspiring....thought I left you a comment somewhere mate ,but I'm such a fruit loop I probably messed up or didn't hit submit as usual... :banghead:

What gear are you using now buddy? Thought it was about time we had a chinwag :D ........yeah second image for me above , but frankly I'm cool with the head placement lovely BKG is worth seeing (y)

Lovely to see it singing away :)

No2 is spot on in my book Wez :)

I like the bird best in #2 but the comp. best in #2.

Very nice indeed

Wonderful shots. Lovely little fella .

Those colours are stunning
Thank you all. Popping back over there this morning to see what's around. I love the gorse as a background and hopefully won't be too long before the heather starts flowering and showing its lovely colour, I think it's usually at the start of summer though if I'm not mistaken.

How ya doing kiddo? Too long no speak Wez!!........................... I've been being a sneaky sod( who moi :LOL: ) and spent a fab hour with Shaz looking at your flicky images rock'n' roll mate fair play some lovely lovely work, (y) Thoose darfords are to die for !! Really enjoyable bud and inspiring....thought I left you a comment somewhere mate ,but I'm such a fruit loop I probably messed up or didn't hit submit as usual... :banghead:

What gear are you using now buddy? Thought it was about time we had a chinwag :D ........yeah second image for me above , but frankly I'm cool with the head placement lovely BKG is worth seeing (y)

Hey Stu, nice to hear from you. Hope you and the better half are well? I'm loving the gorse in the spring too, makes for such an attractive bg. Although it'll get boring and same-y if I keep using it lol.

Using the Olympus EM1X with the 300mm F4 Pro lens these days. It's a smashing combo and the AF system is great on it. The bird tracking feature is fantastic and saves you having to hit the bird on the eye every time. Some people don't rate it but it's worked very well for me. Hoping to meet up with @nandbytes soon and see how his Sony A1 feels in the hand. I'm currently using the Olympus gear for birding and wildlife and my Nikon D6 and D3S for football. Although, my 120-300's AF motor has failed recently and can't get a spare for repair. So I'm thinking of selling both systems and going with the Sony A1. At least that way, I can use it for everything that I shoot. Fingers crossed.

Nice to hear from you mate, just seen the latest Hare shots - you're smashing them. Your attention to detail on the bg's is really paying off!

I am buddy (y) poppet has just been pulled from hos :( .......................been a hard start to a year bro, but as always head's up and We'll weather the storm (y)

I recently watched a wildlife vid featuring the sony A1 Wez ( wildlife) the camera seems to have stunning AF..........to me if you can find one tool to do both jobs you are on to a winner, the hands will work faster and with wildlife or sports splits of seconds are so meaningful.so so meaningful

all the luck with that mate: it really seems to me the way to go to me.

Bud I don't really use many tools to make images but there is a mindset behind that maybe that's open to debate and ability but those splits are so important. I used to play drums Wez there is something very deep in being able to move incredibly fast and know to a pin point where evrything is

Ha old hare images bro just a sneak of what happens in one day ;) Cheers for the words :cool:

ha bring it on

stu

Back