Coal Tit.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
These little buggers have been my Nemesis for ages - non stop jet propelled movement - all the time. I must have taken about 50 shots to get these, and most a mixture of blurry - 'not quite' shots and empty frames.

2297403375_829360b363_o.jpg

2298198598_2d82d67854_o.jpg

2298198458_8f3fc2905d_o.jpg

700mm, 800 ISO

Last ones a cracker CT, I think the pines nail it !!

Other 2 are great aswell btw.

There was me expecting a political rant over Scargill ;)

Great shots - assume the 40d was in play there CT, the ISO is incredible!

looks like another box ticked then
superb set of shots!

(drugging the seeds is a bit drastic though! :nuts: )

There was me expecting a political rant over Scargill ;)

Great shots - assume the 40d was in play there CT, the ISO is incredible!

Yep 40D JR.

I've been out having a go at Seagulls in flight this morning, and whilst the 40D is more than capable - it's no match for the 1DMK2n's 45 point AF system, but it's a little unrealistic to expect it to be with the latter costing 4 times the price. The reach of the camera is phenomenal though, and it's a bargain for the money.

It was just contemplating launching up to a higher branch. :)

They are quick little devils, but you've caught them very well here. (y)
Great pose on the last one :clap:

nice shots ct never seen one of these before what a lovely little tit if you know what i mean!

Hi they are all great but I also love the last shot well done these are really tricky little blighters !
pete

Top notch CT. Looks like the 40D has taken your shots up a level too they are stunning.

These little buggers have been my Nemesis for ages - non stop jet propelled movement - all the time. I must have taken about 50 shots to get these, and most a mixture of blurry - 'not quite' shots and empty frames.

I know exactly what you mean, they land for less than a second and then off again to dine somewhere else! I have wasted plenty of shots on these and so far pretty much nought to show for it, thank god for digital, imagine the cost if it was film :D

I've been out having a go at Seagulls in flight this morning, and whilst the 40D is more than capable - it's no match for the 1DMK2n's 45 point AF system, but it's a little unrealistic to expect it to be with the latter costing 4 times the price. The reach of the camera is phenomenal though, and it's a bargain for the money.

After reading your 40D review I was swithering about buying one, but your comment above sways me back towards the MKIIN again as the only thing I want over my 30D is the faster 45 AF points, primarily for BIF shots, I suppose ideally if the MKIII was reliable I SHOULD be looking at one of them but....

Great shots by the way as I know how hard these are to capture, in all my galleries for outdoor subject I only have 2 Coal Tits :(

See ya,

Mike.

After reading your 40D review I was swithering about buying one, but your comment above sways me back towards the MKIIN again as the only thing I want over my 30D is the faster 45 AF points, primarily for BIF shots, I suppose ideally if the MKIII was reliable I SHOULD be looking at one of them but....

Mike.

To be fair I haven't given the 40D a real testing at flight shots yet, but the ideal situation for birding is probably two bodies - a 1.6X crop sensor and a 1 Series body.

Back