Coarser Canvas Backpacks - Anyone using them?

Name
Umm......................
Edit My Images
Yes
I am thinking of buying one of the above, as it will not advertise that I am carrying photo gear, and also shouldn't attract heat like the black sun-magnets do on hot days.

Is anyone using one, and are you pleased with it?

Always good to learn what others thought of a product!

Thanks.

Last edited:
Bump, though it looks like no-one is using them!

They look very nice. I'm using a Troop canvas messenger bag as my main camera bag and like the fact that it doesn't scream "steal me". Not sure if I've found it any cooler in the sun though.

Thanks for the reply Brian, they do not seem to shout out "I contain cameras", which was my main requirement. I think also that something that isn't black doesn't draw attention when carried or worn with light summer clothes.

This is the model I was considering: Link

Looks good but I would say that bag will stand out from all the other more popular nylon type bags and really screams, "I have something tasty in my posh canvas and leather bag, please steal me!"

Looks good but I would say that bag will stand out from all the other more popular nylon type bags and really screams, "I have something tasty in my posh canvas and leather bag, please steal me!"

You are not helping! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I think thieves cop on to these things very quickly. With everyone starting to use bags they reckon won't catch notice, the evil eyes are watching as big dslrs continuously get pulled out of these plain looking bags. A good thief [well, really bad morally] will be watching you long before they make their move.

I use a Kata bag, it's not brash or 'loud' or colourful, and the only writing on there is a little square with Kata on one corner. If anyone tried taking it from me they'll have to take arm an' all. I'm not going to try disguise what I got on there, because then I'll just be paranoid whenever I take the gear out.

Buy what suits your personal taste, but don't buy as a deterent. Don't think there is such a thing, unless it's a tazer.

Back