Coastal Sunrise

Another great Seaham shot. Fair play to you Danny, you're knocking out sunrise shots at a rapid rate. I didn't realize the sun even came up that much!
Love the light spill on the rocks, really makes the shot. Though I can't decide if the half wave is a distraction or not. Some great morning cloud though. Spot on!

Another great Seaham shot. Fair play to you Danny, you're knocking out sunrise shots at a rapid rate. I didn't realize the sun even came up that much!
Love the light spill on the rocks, really makes the shot. Though I can't decide if the half wave is a distraction or not. Some great morning cloud though. Spot on!

Thanks Matty. Might as well live on the beach :LOL:

That half wave was the only thing I wasn't sure about too. Actually tried to clone it out but that was a disaster!

Well worth getting up for, or is that not going to sleep lol. Worth the effort through -beautiful shot

Very nice shot, well done (y)
Love the colours and the light on the rocks :love: lol

Hi, Excellent shot.(y)

That's nice.

There's a key period between when the sun has just come up and before it gets too high where this sort of shot is possible. Once the dynamic range gets too great you simply can't render the foregound lik this.

Very nice mate, really like the light covering the stones at the bottom

stunning shot very nice

Works really well, could almost be an Arena image.

I really like this Danny. Beautiful capture. The horizon is a tad out, needs a little CW rotation.

Great image Danny!

Well worth getting up for, or is that not going to sleep lol. Worth the effort through -beautiful shot

Very nice shot, well done (y)
Love the colours and the light on the rocks :love: lol

Lovely sun cast on the rocks. excellent shot

Stunning colours.

Hi, Excellent shot.(y)

Thanks for taking the time to look and give feedback everyone! Very much appreciated. Makes the early rises worthwhile (y)

That is pretty much perfection Danny. Loving the shine on the foreground rocks. :)

I really like this. The composition is well balanced, there is a nice movement in the water and the colours are spectacular. This one ticks all the boxes.

Thank you both. Very much appreciated (y)

This is so lovely.
I especially like the sun spots caught on the pebbles.
Print and hang....Job done.

Nice shot Danny - who says the 7D can't do landscapes :D

I want to try some dusk/dawn shots like this, have plenty of coast close by, but struggling with the early/late times - or rather being a little lazy! :LOL:

Last edited:
Now that's a pleasing shot :)

Nice shot Danny - who says the 7D can't do landscapes :D

I want to try some dusk/dawn shots like this, have plenty of coast close by, but struggling with the early/late times - or rather being a little lazy! :LOL:

Thanks, yeah landscape photography can really mess with your sleeping pattern! :LOL:

You really have the skills Dan! This is another perfect shot from you.

Wow thats a fantastic shot, I'll go as far as to say this is my fave landscape/seascape shot I've seen this year - Very inspirational! Not just the photo, but the time it was taken :D

Like a few others - I also love the light on the rocks.

Last edited:
Wow thats a fantastic shot, I'll go as far as to say this is my fave landscape/seascape shot I've seen this year - Very inspirational! Not just the photo, but the time it was taken :D

Like a few others - I also love the light on the rocks.

Thanks Bill, means a lot.

With regards to the time the photo was taken, I think I've just got the special mix of dedication and craziness :LOL:

Well your dedication (60%?) and craziness (40%?) defintiely paid dividends on this one! :D

I have a few ideas for sunrise ones but I'm normally just going to bed at 4:15am, I could go before I then go to bed but not normally in a fit state to drive then! :LOL: Maybe I'll wait until winter !

On a serious note it definitely has inspired me so thanks for posting, look forward to seeing some more of your work

Last edited:
Back