Coastal test for my gradND

Edit My Images
No
I was scouting for some locations last night, and got a few shots whilst at it, ranging from some poncey sunsets to some star trails at about 1am.

Here's one from the coast at Aberdesach in North Wales at sunset, first time for my Hitech Grad ND filters.

I'm not usually one for these colourful landscape shots (much prefer to be out at night), but sometimes you've just got to give the people what they want :)

Edit 05/Jul, here's another from same location

Last edited:
Lovely shot but cant help but feel it is a little blown around the water near the sun and also the pink/red clouds look like finger prints on the lens. Love the detail in the rocks

Last edited:
I like this, colourful is good with sunset landscapes. The blown areas don't really bother me on this shot, as a whole it works well. Thanks for sharing

I like this, colourful is good with sunset landscapes. The blown areas don't really bother me on this shot, as a whole it works well. Thanks for sharing

i agree, the only thing that bothers me slightly is the very pink cloud near the centre of the image, for some reason it stands out and i am finding it distracting.

Lovely shot but cant help but feel it is a little blown around the water near the sun and also the pink/red clouds look like finger prints on the lens. Love the detail in the rocks

lol they're definitley clouds not fingerprints, took a couple of shots and unless i have moving fingerprints they're definitley clouds :)

Agree it's blown around the sun though, guess I should have pushed the filter a bit further down perhaps.

Thanks all

Realy like the light reflecting off the stones and pebbles, really good shot! :)

I would change nothing, and I would also hang it on my wall. Stunning :)

Gary.

Thanks everyone, glad the colours weren't too OTT, to make up for it, i've updated 1st post with a mono shot from same location too, but looking in the opposite direction this time.

I like them both, especially no 2, I can almost see my house !

Last edited:
Thanks Alan,

I was toying with stopping off at the pier at Trevor actually, but couldn't remember if they'd knocked it down or not (i'm sure I read in the C&D last year they were going to!).

Diolch

Back