Code Replacement for Photo Mechanic

Edit My Images
No
I was just wondering if there are any other fellow Pro Sports Snappers on here who use Code Replacement for Photo Mechanic to help speed up their captioning time when editing photos.

Do any of you have squad codes written up for all the top football leagues Premier League to League 2 as well as any other sports codes in the UK that I could get hold of????

I am forever having to type them up and was wondering if there was any fellow sports snappers who can share theres to save me having to type it all up.

Let me know

Gareth

I was just wondering if there are any other fellow Pro Sports Snappers on here who use Code Replacement for Photo Mechanic to help speed up their captioning time when editing photos.

Quite a lot I would think :)

My replacements are now out of date as I ahvent done much agency work in a while and dont need photomechanic lately... i wll be back into it in next couple of mths though :) was hoping the programmers would get the proper crop tool done by then.. looks unlikely :(

thanks guys.

I know all about footballsquads.co.uk Graham thanks. Just takes alot of time sorting it all out into codes and was asking if anyone already has all there squads and codes already done to save me spending numerous hours doing it when someone already has it done that they can share with me.

I couldn't survive without it!

Gareth, it wont take you long, i generally do it two days in advance, i use wikipedia copy and paste special into excel as unicode text insert columns where required to be able to enter a team code and team name and concatenate the details together copy the results from the concatenation and paste into a empty txt file insert tabs between code and team name to look like this - w1 West Ham United's Goalkeeper, Robert Green.

Are you pc or mac, i may be able to send you a concate file to use

Graeme

Haven't used the code replace in Photomechanic before... had a play last night and it was so easy to use. Especially with the lists from the website.

I set up 2 squads plus all my other codes in about 10 mins. I'm on a mac so it's tab separated text files. Much more simple than Text Expander which I was originally using.

So far using photomechanic is speed my whole process up at the mo.

Bit of a newbie random question but related to this.

Obviously if you're shooting one team you get to recognise all your players so tagging isn't an issue... but how do people cope with the opposition sides when there are no shirt numbers in view in the shot? Any tips?

generally the number is on the shorts.. but faling that you need to either recognise a good shot instantly then take another as the players moves away or get up (as in rugby)

or you make an effort at some point in the game to take pics of the backs of all players.. ie when they come out to the field and then match up boots and hair and stuff... this system only really good if you ahve time and not sending pitchside

some use the cameras voice record capabilities and some use a voice recorder.. some use pen and paper..

lots of ways.. some fast and some slow ..

I do junior football for the local paper and i get a team pic from each team pre match.. i take the pic then ask the players to turn around and i taker another with numbers.. i use that later for putting player numbers to action.. again only good if you ahve the time to caption..

pitchside and wire... take extra shots after a peak moment is my method...

hmm don't think they have the numbers on the shorts in the championship (rugby) I guess a photo of the backs of them wouldn't be a bad idea. I guess you'd only need one when they were about to form a scrum and one of the backs to generally have a good idea of whos who.

Your junior football idea is a great one though! (though not practical for grown up sport lol)

Thanks for your reply!

I make a list of boot colour/manufacture and any other identifying features. I do this cause it quicker then flicking thru pictures.

14 - Yellow Nike, 2 black tape on socks
5 - Black/blue addias preds, leg tape red.

or something like that.

hmm don't think they have the numbers on the shorts in the championship (rugby) I guess a photo of the backs of them wouldn't be a bad idea. I guess you'd only need one when they were about to form a scrum and one of the backs to generally have a good idea of whos who.

Your junior football idea is a great one though! (though not practical for grown up sport lol)

Thanks for your reply!

well you didnt even hint at what sport you where covering so i tried to cover as many as possible :)

No I appreciate that.... question was just a general one anyway which could have applied to any sport really.

Thanks again for the reply :)

And thanks to you too Helen

I've used wikipedia for my lists as well.

Especially for the international (Montenegro anyone?)

watch out for the international characters though, I just past a list into excel, and do some find and replacing, so it includes the players postion etc.

as for recognising them, socks, boots, hair, etc.

I normally take a few shots of the team lining up, its fustrating if in a sequence of 5 shots, there isn't one showing the shorts number! and seconds count to get the image transmitted !

At least with internationals they have numbers on the front of the shirts as well. This certainly helps if you cant see the number on their shorts.

Do any of you have squad codes written up for all the top football leagues Premier League to League 2 as well as any other sports codes in the UK that I could get hold of????

I am forever having to type them up and was wondering if there was any fellow sports snappers who can share theres to save me having to type it all up.

Let me know

Gareth

Gareth, Did any kind sole manage to help you out, Im doing my lists for the weekends games and next week its taking forever from football squads to delete height weight etc of every player, I only want his name and number not where he was born and previous club etc.

Anyone like to help?

Thats a no then, :LOL:

Not to worry, I have time today to do few teams (well the next 6 I need) :puke:

I stopped using them for a few months so i couldnt help anyways mate...

Back