Coed Llandegla - MTB pan shots

P

Paul Blythe

Coed Llandegla Forest visitor center is based just off the A55 in North Wales. It's quite a new facility and has custom made MTB trails to cater for all levels of rider and dedicated walking routes. Also, Offa's Dyke path runs through the heart of the forest. A nice day out all told :)

My aim for the day was to become more firmilier with the new camera and lens, and to try something new.

tabletop1.jpg

tabletop2.jpg

stepdown.jpg

jump1.jpg

jump2.jpg

It kind of worked, but I'm still trying to find a good setting for this type of shot. Generaly, a slightly quicker shutter speed and possibly AE lock before shooting a burst of pics.

C&C welcome and thanks for looking

Paul

Those are pretty good!

AE lock? Think I'd have just shot in manual and manual focus too.

Not sure what you could have done better in these. Too fast a shutter and they look frozen, too slow and the rider blurs as well as the spokes.

Nice set :)

Paul.....I was sorely tempted to bring my tracer out to play today with you, but the mowing of the lawns won, so the best part of the day was lost to gardening :puke:

great shots though (y)

Back there again today but as part of our normal ride out.

This is Ian struting his stuff on a fully rigid single speed mtb. He's a bit good.

twelve.jpg

Poor light conditions in the forest today - iso 1600 f4.5 1/320 27mm burst mode(jpeg)

Some great shots - particularly like the 3rd one, just down the road from me but never visited the mountain bike centre, although I'm a hiker so I'd imagine it's a bit too busy around there !!

simon

Cheers, the place does get busy at the weekends, Sunday more so. The cafe is very good and they resently won the BMW Good Food Ride "Best Bacon Buttie in Britan" award :D

Jim and Badger(Ian) who run the center are fantastic people and even as a hiker the place is worth a visite (y)

Good shots!

Is this near Betsycowd? Do it cost £25 for the day, with transport taking you from the bottom to the top???

Cheers,
Carl.

Err, no not realy. Llandegla Forest is about 20min drive from Wrexham - heading west on the A525. They don't do up-lifts there as they don't have any sections that call for it. It's a mix of blue, green, red and black ratted trails, best bet is using a hardtail or 4"-5" full-sus bike. A freeride/dh rig would be overkill.

The two trails at/near Bets-y-coed are the Marin trail and Penmachno, both are very good :) There is a dedicated DH course some where near and I can try to find the w/site for you if you want.

Back