Cogs Cogs and Cogs (new picture added)

Edit My Images
Yes
Picture of a 1897 pocket watch, tweeked a lil to give an antique and slight arty look.

C+C welcome

TEST2sig-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
This could so easily have been boring but it is cunningly artistic
My eyes are drawn to one screw that lands on the right third (I do bang on about thirds but it seems to work more times than not) there are some delightful S curves in there giving your eyes a tour
Its sharp and processed just right
You just want to hang this big on a wall

This could so easily have been boring but it is cunningly artistic
My eyes are drawn to one screw that lands on the right third (I do bang on about thirds but it seems to work more times than not) there are some delightful S curves in there giving your eyes a tour
Its sharp and processed just right
You just want to hang this big on a wall

thanks you very much for that :) made my night!

Nice one mate!
Is this a Waltham?
(I am a bit of a collector)

American Waltham Watch Company. That is remarkable and as said above a "Hanger" !!!!

I swear the cogs moved when i was mesmerised by the centre spindle !!!

well done :)

thats a great shot, sharp and the colours are great(y)

Wonderful!!!!!!!

Just check it says A.W.W. Co walterham, mass

mean much?

Yes! as the other post says, its an early Waltham. Bartlet was a retailer, they quite often put their name on bought in watches, and they are often quoted as 'The Maker!'

Cracking shot, sharp and well processed. Maybe a personal preference, but I would so like to have seen the complete circle, or failing that, a symmetrical crop, i.e. equal area triangle of black at each corner.
Only minor point, a great shot, much better than I could acheive.

Cracking shot, sharp and well processed. Maybe a personal preference, but I would so like to have seen the complete circle, or failing that, a symmetrical crop, i.e. equal area triangle of black at each corner.

I was tempted to play with the corners as you say.

I did try the full circle in but there was too much space left on it, so I opted for an edge (left and right) rim to try and frame the cogs.

thanks

Any better?

Final-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Like first one best
Gives it a right left rotation look if you know what I mean
But thats only my view

The second one does it for me, personally, although I understand what fizzyedges means. Again, the rotation seems to be clockwise for me ( no pun intended!) driven by the angle of the main plate.

If you turn an object you see more of one side than the other
if you held the watch in your hand would you hold it still or turn it slightly to look round it
its just a feeling thats conveyed to me
each to there own but I still like it in either shot

ahhhh I get you :)

deciding to stick with the second as I like things symmetrical lol

thanks for the pointers :)

Back