Cokin Filter system for Wide Angle lens!

Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys,

I am currently looking for a decent set of ND grad filters for landscape photography.
The main lens in question is the Tokina 12-24, and im concerned that the Cokin P series will vignette. Can anyone confirm which filter system is good for use on such a wide angle lens?
For the record, Im using a 30D.

I have the Sigma 10-20 with the P system (actually my holder is kood) One thing I did was to cut away the excess plastic on the holder, it originally could take up to 4 filters stacked, I cut off the leading 3 layers so that it would take only one, this means the holder vignettes less.

There is still a small amount of vignetting but not enough to spoil the image. I think only the Lee system would give you a bigger holder.

I got the specific Cokin P holder for Wide Angle (only allows one filter at a time)

Using the Canon 10-22mm EF-S. Slight vignetting I must admit, but probably less so than if I was using a standard P holder

The cokin Z-Pro series holders should do the trick, as they support filters of much larger dimensions. Although this does come at a considerable price increase. :)

Back