Colchester Zoo

Name
Have a guess.....
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought I'd go to Colchester Zoo to see their newest additions, but unfortunately it seemed that everyone else had the same idea, so managed to grab a couple of pics.

Sun Bears (new addition)
ColchesterZoo-002.jpg

ColchesterZoo-014.jpg

ColchesterZoo-023.jpg

ComparetheMerekat.com
ColchesterZoo-046.jpg

ColchesterZoo-064.jpg

ColchesterZoo-066.jpg

Some more:

Lions
ColchesterZoo-132.jpg

ColchesterZoo-167.jpg

ColchesterZoo-183.jpg

Gremlin's Family
ColchesterZoo-191.jpg

ColchesterZoo-192.jpg

Dragon
ColchesterZoo-200.jpg

Last two pics:

Sleep Time
ColchesterZoo-222.jpg

ColchesterZoo-227.jpg

C&C welcome (don't be too harsh :LOL:)

Oooh you cheeky thing :bat: my family indeed, what are you implying :LOL::LOL:

Love the dragon, and the yawning lion, but you seem to have missed focus on few of them noticably the meercats and to some extent the wolves, easy to do in zoos I know.
Only ever caught a quick glimpse of sunbears, they have them at whipsnade and they always seem to be hiding :(

The meerkats and the wolves were very quick, possibly camera shy :LOL:

No offence intended on the family bit xx

The current sun bear enclosure is really hard - far too much glare at the bright end, the new one should be a lot better for photos. Come to think of it the male leopard enclosure is also quite tough from that side (from the mesh side there is too much foliage in the way) so you did well to get a clearish shot.

Nice avatar btw!

The current sun bear enclosure is really hard - far too much glare at the bright end, the new one should be a lot better for photos. Come to think of it the male leopard enclosure is also quite tough from that side (from the mesh side there is too much foliage in the way) so you did well to get a clearish shot.

Nice avatar btw!

cheers mate (y)
like yours too :)

2 more pics:
ColchesterZoo-103.jpg

ColchesterZoo-109.jpg

Hi Andy,

looks like you had a good day at the zoo... and you did a lot better with the sun bears than I managed yesterday. Hoping that their new enclosure makes life a bit easier.

I think #7 or #12 are the pick of the bunch. You do seem to have missed focus on a few and I'd be mindfull of backgrounds and foreground foliage etc. Try to avoid the fences / blurry bits of greenery.

Fi

Back