Colchester Zoo

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
FINALLY found the time and inclination to get out with the camera, first time this year!

This Orangutan was only about a foot from the glass so I grabbed my old 50D with Sigma 17-70 and pressed the lens flat against the glass for this!

'...and I'm supposed to be BELOW you on the evolutionary ladder?'

by David J M, on Flickr

'Hey guys, it's the missing link!'

by David J M, on Flickr

'...and he SMELLS!'

by David J M, on Flickr

'I'd eat it!'

by David J M, on Flickr

'Junk food!'

by David J M, on Flickr

'More like bad meat!!!'

by David J M, on Flickr

Super set of very sharp and high quality shots there, love the last one, excellent work.

All beautifully captured, but the chimp's expression is ace (y)
I was considering a trip down there this weekend; looks like the weather wasn't bad.

Yes superb set of portraits the last ones my favourite too but like them all:)

Thanks for the comments, the Amur Leopard does like to pose for the camera.

Wasn't a bad day, couple of short heavy showers though, but thankfully I was close to cover when they hit!

Love the framing! #2 and #5 look like they were just posing for you :)

Very nice.
And I agree the expression on the Chimp is priceless (y)

Thanks again for the comments. Colchester Zoo is a great place for photography, it's the only place I've visited with Chimps but their enclosure is a little dark and you have to boost the ISO since they don't sit still for very long. Luckily I went there first and caught them at feeding time!

Shame you can't get a more natural looking shot of the Chimps or Orangutans, without the mesh, unless you remove it in PP! :(

Super set David - that red panda is really giving you a look!
I'm very lucky as the orang utans at my local zoo aren't behind wire - they are on an island, not just wandering about I should add.
cheers, cw

Last edited:
Back