Cold War Jets 03/05/09

Edit My Images
No
Heres a selection from yesterdays event at Bruntingthorpe. Had a really good time and enjoyed being out in the sun with these wonderful aircraft doing their thing.

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Very interesting.
The Buccaneer immediately caught my eye. Never knew that one survived. I have a pic of it on my wall here of it outside it's HAS at Lossie during an open day prior to the Sqd disbanding.

I would love to go to one of these days. I headed over to Abbo. There was a whisper that a certain jet got a bit of air??? Great shots.
Neil

Lovely shots, I really like the Buccaneer. Still think the Victor looks like something created for a Sci-fi series, it must have looked very futuristic 50 years ago.

I was sorely tempted to make the trip to this event but sadly didn't have the time. Great to see these images, gives me an idea of what I missed.

The Victor looks great, it looks straight out of the old Flash Gordon series, I'd expect Ming the Merciless to step out at any moment.

Russ

Thanks for everyones comments. The Lightning and the Victor were the highlights for me, even if I didn't have the camera to hand when the Victor took its unexpected short flight!!! I think there is a similar event scheduled for later in the year for anyone interested.

They weren't designed for looking good were they? :D

Caught them really well, good work!

Back