1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't forget to change the clocks on your camera equipment!

Dismiss Notice
  3. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of a long-standing member, Just Dave.

Dave Barker was a member of Talk Photography for nearly 10 years, and was a prominent member for most of those.
    A very warm, friendly and enthusiastic member, he spent the largest portion of his time on TP welcoming and helping others.

I'm sure all visitors to this site will join us in thanking Dave for his unwavering support and being a large part of our community.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends at such a difficult time.

Click here to join in the discussion

Dismiss Notice
  1. AndyB1976

AndyB1976

Name:
    Andy
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Tobers likes this.
  2. Jannyfox

Jannyfox

Name:
    Jan
    Edit My Images:
    No
    With satellite there's no problem getting BBC Scotland in Somerset :)
    I know most of the locations he was at and it was well worth watching, though it did make me twitch a bit when he appeared to have his tripod perched on the edge of a precipice and no means of hanging onto it. I did like the deer shot too.

AndyB1976 likes this.
  3. desf

desf

Name:
    Des
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Got it recorded. Looking forward to it.

Did you see the last one he did? Some in Scotland and some in the Karakoram.

AndyB1976 likes this.
  4. AndyB1976

AndyB1976

Name:
    Andy
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Bobsyeruncle likes this.
  5. Steven001

Steven001

Name:
    Steven
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Brilliant really enjoyed that, thanks for sharing

AndyB1976 likes this.
  6. paul100

paul100

Name:
    paul
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I forgot about this. What a fantastic programme.

AndyB1976 likes this.
  7. Peter B

Peter B

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Watched this last night and pretty much agree with what everyone else says. I've never seen Ffordes so quiet though, but I guess that was set up specially so that eejits like me weren't wandering about chatting to the sales staff. ;) It's also reassuring to see the lengths he has gone to in order to get the best shots, and he has a dedication way beyond the norm.

AndyB1976 likes this.
  8. Peter B

Peter B

Name:
    Peter
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  9. amfoto

amfoto

Name:
    Alastair
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Am I the only one, that thinks it was boring ? What photography needs, is a modern approach

10. Tobers

Tobers

Name:
    Andy
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I quite liked it actually. It was sort of calm and gentle. Also, it shows how much persistence you need to have to get really good pictures. Lots of location scouting, up before dawn, walk in before the sun is up, and the likelihood that you wont get the shot and have to do it all again. Helps to not have anything else to do I though!

11. KJJ

KJJ

Name:
    Kevin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I enjoyed it. I lost my mojo for a few months and this gave me a bit of a kick up the butt to get out again.

12. Scirocco_09

Scirocco_09

Edit My Images:
    No
    I didn't think it was boring, it certainly showed the efforts he and many landscape photographers go to, but despite his status I can't say I find Colin's pictures very engaging - technically excellent but I often feel his compositions are slightly unbalanced. He's had a successful career though so what do I know!