Colin Prior - Adventure Show

With satellite there's no problem getting BBC Scotland in Somerset :)
I know most of the locations he was at and it was well worth watching, though it did make me twitch a bit when he appeared to have his tripod perched on the edge of a precipice and no means of hanging onto it. I did like the deer shot too.

Got it recorded. Looking forward to it.

Did you see the last one he did? Some in Scotland and some in the Karakoram.

Watched this last night and pretty much agree with what everyone else says. I've never seen Ffordes so quiet though, but I guess that was set up specially so that eejits like me weren't wandering about chatting to the sales staff. ;) It's also reassuring to see the lengths he has gone to in order to get the best shots, and he has a dedication way beyond the norm.

Am I the only one, that thinks it was boring ? What photography needs, is a modern approach

I quite liked it actually. It was sort of calm and gentle. Also, it shows how much persistence you need to have to get really good pictures. Lots of location scouting, up before dawn, walk in before the sun is up, and the likelihood that you wont get the shot and have to do it all again. Helps to not have anything else to do I though!

I enjoyed it. I lost my mojo for a few months and this gave me a bit of a kick up the butt to get out again.

Am I the only one, that thinks it was boring ? What photography needs, is a modern approach

I didn't think it was boring, it certainly showed the efforts he and many landscape photographers go to, but despite his status I can't say I find Colin's pictures very engaging - technically excellent but I often feel his compositions are slightly unbalanced. He's had a successful career though so what do I know!

Back