Collect Photographers Photos Wirelessly

Name
Theo
Edit My Images
No
Hello,

I have an upcoming event and somehow I need to collect 12 photographers photos wirelessly to one computer. The area is going to be as big as stadiums. Wifi sd cards are not working because of the range.

What are the options to collect all photos to one place wireless?

(Not going to shoot RAW)

Best,
-
Theo

i think a lot more information is needed to get a viable answer

on the Wifi sd card side you could connect them to a mobile phone in your pocket setup the software so the photo's go directly to the phone and send the photo's to an ftp/cloud site from the phone and download the sent photo's via a laptop using a phone as a portable hotspot
providing you get a good data signal of course

it would be slow but it would work

Thank you. That would be a solution, but is there any way to transfer each photographer's photos from their phone to ftp cloud directly? Showing 12 photographers how to select all photos, opening an ftp app and sending those batches could be very difficult :)

Whats the budget for getting photo upload to work?

Certainly Canon and Nikon offer Wireless File Transfer kits which can be difficult to set up and have range problems (but longer range than wifi sd cards) - but at £ 500 - £ 1000+ per camera may be too expensive.

When a photographer is messing about on computer or phone uploading images, they're not shooting...

The cheapest wireless solution would be to employ a one or more runners to take fresh memory cards out to the photographers and to return back to base with filled cards at regular intervals. Photographer is disturbed for the time it takes to change a card.

If there is physical network cabling nearby it gets easier, as can shoot tethered to a laptop and images can be grabbed via cabled network, but that also requires power and weatherproofing.

Last edited:
One of the obvious questions is what are the cameras that are going to be used?

Back